This weekend

Houseplant

'No', I don't think that I will bother, I have been out twice already this week, and am not going again until conditions improve. The water is 4 to 5 feet above normal and the colour of tea. The wind is being channeled through the snow topped mountains, bringing stinging rain, hail and sleet and whipping up the waves, the fishfinder sceen obscured by raindrops, its audio alarms muffled by hat ear flaps, lures picking up all kinds of debris floating around in the maelstrom, hands too cold to clip on new lures. Tomorrow I will go to a nice warm salon and get my hair done, sunday a bar of chocolate, the fire and perhaps a session replacing lure hooks.

Winter perch fishin' huh! it occured to me that I have never even seen a Perch (in this country) in winter.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for it...if someone can kidnap the entire management of my employer....I'm rostered in to work both days :-(

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Andy must be the first guy to have a signature more than 100,000 times larger than his posts!

Measured as bytes/pixels/download speed etc.

:-)

MC

It adds colour and personality methinks. I hope you like it.

(Thaks Emma....as least one person likes it so far)

.....Regards.....Andy

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

weather is all in the mind B)

Perhaps on a canal it is !

:huh:

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Yup I'll be out because I now have scales (not the slimey ones). They'll be weighing something whether it be mid-morning Chub, early afternoon Grayling or (in the case of a blank) late afternoon sirloin steak from Waitrose.

Glad I did in the end. First choice was a non starter though, a small stream fed by a weir from the Kennet & Avon canal. The weir was open all the way and the small stream had become a fast deep brown river, icing rod rings just about capped it.

Second choice, the reliable Lambourn, was a little up but still clear so I spent a very enjoyable day catching small Grayling & Trout, a couple of Grayling pushed the scales to 13oz so the landing net did at least get wet.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Perhaps on a canal it is !

:huh:

Oh it's not like one of these midlands canal emma.All shrouded in trees, plenty of cover.

Over half of it runs along the Exe estuary open and wild

It was frozen all along it's entire length in the recent cold snap :o ,Even in tropical Devon we get

bad weather you know :o:rolleyes:

Edited by smudger

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

Yes, I'm going gravel pit perch fishing tomorrow, then a work party on Sunday :) I'm not expecting too much, but you never know. I'll be travelling very light and moving about until I (hopefully) find the littleuns, and then sticking around that area into dark.

If I wasn't doing that, I'd definitely be out chubbing, I'm desperate to get back out after the big ones!

How did you get on with the Perch Anderoo? I had friday off work and went Perching, blanked in the end and lost an absolute beast at the net :(

Went piking at dawn and blanked, half the pit had frozen and in my haste to get there i'd forgotten my jacket so nearly got pneumonia! Was home for lunch, had a couple of hours to kill around dusk so nipped to a local estate lake and had this...

13lbhalffourinafternoonqy8.jpg

happy now :)

Jan/Feb/March - Chub, Pike & Perch

How did you get on with the Perch Anderoo? I had friday off work and went Perching, blanked in the end and lost an absolute beast at the net :(

Went piking at dawn and blanked, half the pit had frozen and in my haste to get there i'd forgotten my jacket so nearly got pneumonia! Was home for lunch, had a couple of hours to kill around dusk so nipped to a local estate lake and had this...

13lbhalffourinafternoonqy8.jpg

happy now :)

Thats a cracker James how big did she go? made up for the morning and some Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: