Snow patrol

n4lly

Almost no further snow overnight at Wingham. Looking at the radar sequence it looks as though it tracked just a little further north as forecast.

Heavy snow predicted this afternoon but turning to rain. How quickly depends on which forecast you look at. More snow forecast later in the week.

Don't get Peggy talking about schools closing otherwise she'll get on her hobby horse. Having lived in Germany she had no patience with people who wanted to take their kids home from school at the first sign of a snow flake.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been a good fall here, and it's just started snowing again.

I was woken at 6:30am to be informed that the meeting I had scheduled for today had been cancelled because of the snow, so got unexpected extra time in bed :)

Our cat had a great time, bouncing about, digging and chasing in the garden snow, whilst the kitten decided it wasn't for him and sat in the doorway to watch.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Don't get Peggy talking about schools closing otherwise she'll get on her hobby horse. Having lived in Germany she had no patience with people who wanted to take their kids home from school at the first sign of a snow flake.

Steve's right, it is one of my 'hobby horses'. I really can't understand how UK can grind to a halt like this. Why are the London buses not running? You wouldn't find public transport cancelled in Germany for a few inches of snow. As for the lack of gritting that people are complaining about on the TV I quite agree. There's no excuse, this snow has been forecast for days and so there's been plenty of time to prepare.

It's just started snowing here again, quite heavily so I'd better go and check the birds have got enough food. They were outside waiting patiently when we got up. The pheasants and other ground feeders were looking forlornly at the snow and wondering where breakfast had gone.

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights

The City has ground to halt I am on scheduled time off so have had a result, I think we are in for some more this evening wich may be worse I am working tomorow. Just spoken to a pall who was night working in our Cannon street office the whole day shift has blown out and he is stranded!!

Im sure we have had worse than this and the world hasnt stopped 77-91 and 2003 for example.

It looks like no gritting has taken place in South East London I found my self going sideways down an incline in the Jeep last night I managed to sort my self out before I hit any thing the only damage was in the Underware Department!!! Peggey you got your post in as i was writing mine :D I think the Lack of gritting was a contivance to keep poeple in.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Right on the coast here.Took this shot from the bedroom window at 9am this morning- you can normally see the sea but not today.

1-71.jpg

The local BBC news has over 300 schools shut in the NE and some roads closed.Its much worse inland.Problems on the A69,the main east/west link from Newcastle to Carlisle,lorries cannot make the gradients.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

no bloody newspapers in the shop ,if i can get to the shop i'd expect the newspapers to be there :angry:

a few 4x4's about no doupt to justify their costs "told you i would need one" no doupt on many a lip to their wives ,pity there just as bad on ice as everything else :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Our cat had a great time, bouncing about, digging and chasing in the garden snow, whilst the kitten decided it wasn't for him and sat in the doorway to watch.

Macavity wants the window open, but he won't actually go out.

Apparently, this is all my fault.

24dbdf78.jpg

phil?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I to have had a result booked a holiday day ages ago ...yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is view from bedroom window taken half an hour ago,more snow expected ,usual thing schools closed ,no gritting BUT the district nursing service will be carrying on regardless i'm sure....

P1020027.jpg

mmm what to do on a holiday day,

go and build a snowman

get the sledge out of the garage and sledge down the hill

do the ironing

go for a snowy walk

make a coffee and watch the snow blizzrd and the thick snow still falling

think about all the snow expected this evening

start panicking about getting to work in the morning

go and grit the road.... we have our own grit bin after the last debacle with all the ice...

bake some cakes

clean the bathroom

might have to have a coffee topped up with baileys to help me make up my mind

or i could read a new book

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

phil?

Yes that well known dentist! :rolleyes:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg