Carp Multiplier?!

saskcarp

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saskcarp:

Have you seen any thing like  THIS    :confused:   in Jolly Old?

And why not :confused: I have had some great sport using a 30 year old ABU 6500C and more recently my Abu 7000. A shiver has just gone down my spine remembering the thrill compared to a fixed spool reel and the skill required (big head) to drop a bait exactly on the spot.

So I ask again, why not :confused:

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Indeed why not!? I just wondered if they were used

in the UK and I must say that I was a little suprised to see Multi's made for carp fishing!

The Gas

pirate.gif

I did see John Wilson use one a few weeks ago in his latest series, he used it for close in work near a snag. As he said he wanted to use a real with a superior clutch mechanism...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Steve Randles:

I did see John Wilson use one a few weeks ago in his latest series, he used it for close in work near a snag. As he said he wanted to use a real with a superior clutch mechanism...

For close-in work I use my Allcocks Aerial - nothing like a centre-pin for playing carp

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

saskcarp:

Indeed why not!? I just wondered if they were used

in the UK and I must say that I was a little suprised to see Multi's made for carp fishing!

Sorry, just realised you are American.

Reels were made to hold line, cast it out, retrieve the line and with luck have a fish attached.

"multi's" sorry you lost me there.

We even have anglers using Fly fishing gear to catch Carp on the surface (mainly).

Don't get steryotyped(sp) or you will end up like a lot of "anglers" after carp, 3 rods, alarms, bivvy and hope for the best.

Tight lines whatever you decide to do.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan Taylor:

Sorry, just realised you are American.

Alan - ROFLMAO. Sask is a Brit ex-pat living in Saskatchewan Province in western Canada.

He just wasn't a carper before he moved and has now gotten the bug, big time.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, LOL!!

Yes Newt I have the bug and I also have the itch right now as the season is closed till may 1st!

I just hope I will have some good pics to show you guys soon after the season opens!!!PS what's ROFLMAO mean?

[ 19. April 2003, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: saskcarp ]

The Gas

pirate.gif

Vagabond:

For close-in work I use my Allcocks Aerial - nothing like a centre-pin for playing carp        

Me too, and I have to agree it certainly is thrilling!

Out of interest, what line do you use on your 'pin?

Saskcarp, ROFLMAO = Rolling On Floor Laughing My Ass Off. :D

[ 19. April 2003, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]