swingers or hangers?

kendo

I have both. I usually use hangers because they are easier to leave attached to the buzz bar when you put it away in the buzz bar bag.

I have both because I got swingers and switched to hangers.....and I never throw anything away or sell it.

Agree with mpbdsu when after Zander.

The interesting thing is I don't believe either provide me with bite detection. They hold the line taught across the alarm, and also enable drop back detection via the alarm.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be using an ordinary bankstick does that make a difference as to which to use or not?

my plan is to set up one carp rod with bite alarm and floatfish with my hyperloop match.

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

hangers for me, as you cant really effectively use Swingers for slack line fishing should the need arise :) the lighter the better as well, so i can get the slightest movement registering on the old Nevilles :)

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

Swingers for me, I can counterbalance mine so that the slightest breath of a fish will show up, or at the other extreme I can add 3oz to the weight to hold a tight line in the strongest undertow or wind.

And as they only rest ON the line without gripping then they are ultra sensitive to the slightest nibble from a roach.

Den

[ 06. April 2004, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I personaly use the Fox swingers.

Kendo - most types of swinger have a weight that can be moved along it's length, this makes it suitable for various situations i.e. long/short range fishing, a more delicate detection set up and to combat strong winds.

Hangers tend to have the facility to add/remove weight to the bobbin to achieve the same result.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

thanks Anthony I now understand,I have just bought an electronic bite alarm (my first)and although I prefer float fishing I was planning to put out a carp rod (also recently purchased)as a second rod and as one cannot really watch two floats at the same time I have decided a bite alarm was needed,I may well go for the fox swingers cheers for the advice. :)

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.