100% price increase

Mark Quinney

Had my first session of the year today and was astonished to find that day ticket prices for two rods at my favourite lake have gone up from £5 per day for two rods to £10, same owners and nothing has changed,amazingly boards say £5 per day, £1 for extra rod, pointed this out to bailiff and he basically said tough S##T £10 please. Clifton Lakes @ Crick wont be seeing me again.

If they've not bothered even changing the prices on display it's scandalous that they've charge you the new rate. Good on you that you're not going back - Costers will vouch for me that I have one on my boycott list because they píssed me off.

Also, some of these bailiffs, what do they get off on?? Bloody power mad they are demon

FIND A NEW WATER MARK :mad:

Boycott the place and tell em where to go and shove their day ticket. Wyreside at st michaels tried it? within 6 month prices were dropped again to a more reasonable price. In their defence they did restock with some biggies just went silly with the price. As for the bailiff well P**s take or what.

Good luck on your new venue Mark

Think alot of them try it,even sum of the pokey puddles try charging a fortune for a day ticket,as daz has said they'll soon drop their prices when noone turns up....Blackland lakes i hope your reading this :P .putting prices up and all thats changed is having numberded match pegs,must be expensive paint!!!!!!

I would have accused the bailiff of trying to pocket "extra" money for himself and told him that until the new prices were publicly displayed

he would have to charge the old one.

There was a court case not long ago where a window dresser muddled up prices, putting a £15.00 price tag on a £1500.00 watch. The court said that if it was displayed at that price, it must be sold at that price!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I dont think so, under the sale of goods act the displayed price is purely an invitaion to treat and as such it is only there to invite an offer.

You could have negoatiated with the Bailiff to accept a contract at the old price but the sign is not necessarily the basis of your contract to buy fishing, this assumes he has the consideration (the means),to fulfill thie contract.

The sign however could be looked on as misleading advertising which is a different subject.

A Senior Buyer Talking.

[ 24. March 2005, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Mark, now that you won't be fishing it anymore have you any tips on which pool/swim/method/bait to fish (with one rod at those prices) . It's a water on my "to fish" list that I've never got around to. Are there many tench in any of the pools?

Sympathies for the rip off but I`m glad to see its not just me thats getting a bit fed up with day ticket prices. Larford lake is £5 per rod per day, a 24 hour three rod ticket is something like £25 which if you`re down for the weekend is one hell of a lot of cash before you`ve even considered all the other bits attached to a weekend on the bank.

No wonder I stick to club lakes and BAA cards for the Severn. Stillwaters are a scandal these days.

wolf.gif

Orginally posted by rabster

quote:

Also, some of these bailiffs, what do they get off on?? Bloody power mad they are

I agree. the owner of one of my local fisheries is fine with people staying a bit longer than you intended, or leaving your rods in until you are picked up. but the pillock of a baliff there tells you to take your rods in even if its only you in the lakes! i once told him i was goin on about lunchtime. he comes along at 12 oclock and says "i thought you were leaving at lunchtime". i said "i am" and "bring your rods in then" was the reply. i have my lunch late you pillock!

Ethan