Your Particle Mix

Elton

Speaking to Julian today, it became apparent that many people like to concoct their own particle mixes.

Are you one of those? If so, are you able to disclose what goes in your mix and how you prepare it?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've prepared and fished with many particles, but still turn to my favourites, Haith's carpticle which is a blend of micro seeds and also good old maize.

My prefered method of preperation for these is to simply cover them with boiling water and just let them soak for a minimum 3 days before use. Boiling the particles will save time, but IMHO, not boiling saves on any de-naturing of the bait. I have messed about with sweetners, colours, flavours etc. but, apart from a couple of teaspoons of Betaine, I like to use them as they come.

I have just recieved an order of 5kg of pop-corn maize, which I will be giving a go for the first time this weekend.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Guest allibee

Open jars of dynamite, put out jarfuls of dynamite, fish over jarfuls of dynamite :)

Not quite but nearly. Why prepare your own = effort, when they come ready prepared? Add a few bits and bob and away you go

[ 04. August 2004, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: allibee ]

I think the fact that Dynamite prepared stuff costs more than 10 times what you can do it for yourself has something to do with it

I used to like hemp & groats and if I fished suitable waters, I would still use it.

Rob.

[ 04. August 2004, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: RobStubbs ]

The best way is to see what you are advised to use, and then go to your local pet supplies dealer, who sell most of the above in dry bulk, them just soak for up to 3 days, boil for recommended time and leave for at least two days. The best experience i have had is to use it when it stinks and just as its going off... fish love it!

Whatever floats your boat...

See how I float mine, here

I have never rated "Partiblend" type mixs.I much prefer to fish over a bed of a single particle.I have despite watching and trying many times never seen the carp react to mixed beds of bait in the way we are told they do.I have however many times seen them move in over beds of a single bait and just hoover up every thing regardless.Once they get spooky over it I just change.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Frans and I used to buy a big bag of pidgeon food from the local mill. Boiling water and soak as previously mentioned plus possibly some mollases (same source) or some hemp or boiled and ground Tigers (same source) a dozen boilies ground down.

What ever turns you or the fish on but the basic is still pidgeon food.

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan,

That's what I've done.

I got a bag of pigeon mix, which has been soaking for a couple of days. This will be boiled and then about half blended down and half left as is.

It will then go back into soak for another week.

At the same time, I've got a bucket of hemp on the go.

These two will be mixed together.

At the bankside, I intend to add some broken down boilies and a big load of worms.

That gives me various options on the hook, so I'll see how it pans out.

Fingers crossed!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE