Licence never did arrive

Rusty

I was looking forward to receiving the new style licence but despite payment acknowledgement from the Post Office three weeks ago nothing has yet dropped through the letter box. My intention was to keep the PO e-mail and produce that if asked rather than kick off a no doubt convoluted communication chain to establish the whereabouts of my licence.

What do you think? I won't hold any of you responsible if I end up doing a 5 stretch.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
I was looking forward to receiving the new style licence but despite payment acknowledgement from the Post Office three weeks ago nothing has yet dropped through the letter box. My intention was to keep the PO e-mail and produce that if asked rather than kick off a no doubt convoluted communication chain to establish the whereabouts of my licence.

What do you think? I won't hold any of you responsible if I end up doing a 5 stretch.

Rusty, I'd just go fishing and if they come round checking for licences (which is very unlikley) then just tell them your name and address etc and tell them the situation. I can't see you having a problem at all.

Hi Rusty i bought mine from the PO about 3 weeks ago and have not had anything arrive yet either,Belmarsh or Wormwood Scrubs take your fancy??

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Belmarsh or Wormwood Scrubs take your fancy??

Not fussy really, I've heard both have a rather nice East Terrace (or was that East Wing?), my soap will definitely be on a rope.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I seem to have lost it already.

H'mmm . I said, half in jest, on the thread about the new licences, that they were too well camouflaged for their own good. Hope they don't charge you too much for the replacement.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I ordered and paid for (online) mine the same day I got my reminder (ages ago) I still havn't recieved it, I have had two e mails apologising for the delay. I'm not bothered, in the local area the couple of EA Bailiffs left know me as a friend after working with them, and I have just pencilled the licence reference number onto my season tickets.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I rang the licence hotline number and queried the delay after three weeks. They managed to get mine to me 4-5 days later!

They told me that I could fish in the meantime but to carry thePO receipt number with me.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Maybe I could help out those who haven't received their licences yet...

I ordered mine online 3 weeks ago and a week later received 3 new shiny licences all with different reference numbers.

I phoned the EA helpline and was told someone would ring me back to tell me which licence to keep and which 2 I should destroy. That was a couple of weeks ago and still I wait...

So I've decided to start dealing in fishing licences ..... Bids staring at £5 :)

Ordered mine 3 weeks ago and still nothing

Can't be arsed to waste my money phoning up people and being put on hold etc so I'm just going to carry the reciept with me.....not my fault if the EA/post office are a bunch of incompetant muppets

I too ordered mine 3 weeks ago via the web and have not recieved it.

Its a poor design material wise isn't it? you can't even sign it with an average ball point pen like other signature strips on other cards, and it is very flimsy/thin. It hasn't been well thought out in my view. The only thing it has going for it is the picture of the Perch. plus if you have to wait a month for it to arrive after paying for it then bring back the paper one.

NB. Ive reached the old moaning codger stage of my life, can't you guess?

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)