How much?

me

I'm quite happy to pay for quality fishing, and have in the past payed up to £20 for a day ticket, 'm also hoping to get a weekend at redmire this year when they open the bookings - thats £95 for two days, and a bargain in my opinion!

Mat

Mat

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the anagram of 'carp boys'....crap yobs...My love is river fishing nothing like a bit of flowing water running down with a waggler or a stick...but for the same reasons as kleinboet I nearly always have to settle for the carp puddles ...but needs must...fish care is paramount along with preserving the enviroment..... I HATE the people who leave rubbish :mad: :mad: :mad: and who put large fish into keepnets...egotists...there is so much nature to be marveled at especially in spring time our choice of angling makes us very lucky people indeed.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

7 quid is the most I've paid for a day ticket and that was at Ratlands, OOOPS I meant Woodlands. Personally I think the owners getting a tad greedy for my liking. :(

Good fishing though, just watch out for the vermin and try to avoid the litter blowing into your peg. The bins are there but some people tend not to use them. - scumbags. :mad:

I dont mind paying at all.

What i dont like to see though is a fishery that charges top money (a fiver or so) and the banks are all to pot.

When i go to a fishery and pay good money but see the pegs are well maintained and the water is looked after (airaters etc) then im a happy chappy.

How much do folks spend on tackle in relation to tickets to fish? Folks who spend hundreds on a rod or pole moaning about coughing up a fiver for a day ticket. When you compare how much day ticket prices are in comparison to say a round of golf they are usually very reasonable. Most clubs offer EXCELLENT VFM in my book. I belong to 3 and pay £35,£38 & £52 respectively (compare this to season ticket prices at your local football club - I pay over £300 to watch Reading FC :rolleyes: )

Any DT I pay are usually to give me access to some nice bits of chalk stream and are priced accordingly!! I was meant to be out today (now postponed to Friday thanks to the weather) on a water that charges £25 for a DT A lot of money - yes - especially when you compare it to the £35 I pay for a whole season with one of my clubs. And whilst it doesn't gaurantee success it does give me the chance of catch 2lb grayling, dace over 1lb and BIG roach......probably a million miles from the carp puddle experience (which I personally WOULDN'T pay for!).

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Chris posted

quote:

(compare this to season ticket prices at your local football club - I pay over £300 to watch Reading FC )

Chris You go of your own freewill, and you pay them :P

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Got to agree with Chris here, Considering how much most of us spend on tackle, bait etc most day tickets are very good value. and to be honest, for me at least, by the time I've bought bait, filled the car with petrol, and sent he wife out for a packed lunch, the actual cost of a day ticket is a very small proportion of the total cost of a fishing trip.

I'm also a member of a local club, £62 for as much fishing as I want on 10 still waters and 2 miles of river again seems incredibly good value to me.

Mat

Mat