Fav "Google Earth" locations

Ken L

Everest:

27 59' 16.78" N

86 55' 44.94" E

Great fun to play with the tilt function and zoom arround the Himilaya.

Kerim:

15 43' 08.96" N

73 41' 26.08" E

My Barramundi fishing spot. Makes me fell warn just thinking about it.

We all play with it so where do you guy's go ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

i love google earth, have you been on the forum, ken, i love the way they put links up and it opens the program and you zoom to the location, they even have there own pictures they have taken while on a visit or something there waiting for you great stuff.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Not played with it that much but it is great fun. I did manage to find a huge crater that I originally spotted out of a plane window but didn't flag the thing and I can't find it anymore...

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

If you have a good video card, you will also enjoy http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/ and you can download it from Here

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 3 years later...

When we upgraded the forum software for Anglers' Net a few years ago, many of the links from the old forum were broken. Part of my 'job' for early 2009 is to fix these, which I have done so for this thread. I haven't checked the destinations, I've just made them 'clickable' to the address that they used to goo to, so please PM me if you find any that have moved, giving as much detail as possible. Some of the links may have been 'unclickable', if it was impossible to work out what they should have been.

The only way I can spot relevant threads is a report in the server logs that somebody has recently tried to click a broken link. For that reason, I'm tagging this post onto each thread that is affected, as it may be that the member who clicked it will want to try again.

I'm hoping that the threads may be of interest to other members, though, and some old discussions may continue.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Google earth is a downloadable application that combines satalite inagery of the entire globe with arial photography and topographical information to provide a fully searchable global map. But it's much more than just a map. You can search for locations by name, you can change the viewing angle so that instead of looking down on your target, you can overfly it. You can also zoom in and check out possible fishing locations almost anywhere on the planet.

In those areas covered by arial photography, some high resolution images such as this one of Blackpool's Stanley Park pool are available.

blackpooluh5.jpg

w1280.png

Edited by Ken L

i love google earth, have you been on the forum, ken, i love the way they put links up and it opens the program and you zoom to the location, they even have there own pictures they have taken while on a visit or something there waiting for you great stuff.

I was having a look last week and clicked on one of the you tube links to have a look and it was of a young guy abusing somebody in the street while his mate was hiding with the mobile phone

( i think ) when the abused guy approached the abuser he got head butted and chased up the street

This is not something that should be on google earth but im afraid it will become more prevalent in the future and spoil the whole thing.

IMO While you tube has some very interesting subjects its time they policed it better.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

I was having a look last week and clicked on one of the you tube links to have a look and it was of a young guy abusing somebody in the street while his mate was hiding with the mobile phone

( i think ) when the abused guy approached the abuser he got head butted and chased up the street

This is not something that should be on google earth but im afraid it will become more prevalent in the future and spoil the whole thing.

IMO While you tube has some very interesting subjects its time they policed it better.

Cheers Fred

I'd rather they policed the streets and locked the scum up. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote