losing intrest in fishing

Tyke

Tyke, now you have moved to Lincolnshire you are in the middle of match country! The Fosdyke used to be a great spot although it might be crud now. Point being that you have a change right on your doorstep now. You are not so far from the Fens, lucky begger! Zander and bream calling! Time to get the old push bike out and explore your new locality. You have so much new water around you up there from puddles to canals to reservoirs! How can you possibly be bored!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there myself, got totally fed up with the carp scene and many of the instant @rsoles that go with it, bought myself a barbel rod and a pole, fish for a few hours when the young un is at school and really enjoy it. A change is what I needed maybe you do too.

Mark

Mark

Well thanks for the feedback you guys.

I think im going to try my hand at lure fishing in the many drains that criss cross the area where i live.

Ive also had a inkling to try my hand at fly fishing and this is something i plan to do in the near future once i suss out someone that teaches casting a fly.

Also i do love trotting a stick float on fast rivers but they dont appear to be any fast rivers in the area.

Will give Tetney lock a go in the Autumn.

Some good advice from Leon. The moment you find that fishing has become a chore, then its time to move on and take up another aspect of the sport. Match and carp fishing do nothing for me, I dont even feel like I'd want to try it. I have however in 50 years of fishing tried everything else and enjoyed everything from small game to big game. Get yourself a little fly outfit, go thrash the water to a foam with a spinner or two, fish a bunch of worms for the humble perch, take a kid fishing. Somewhere in the mix you'll find something that will make you want to get out of bed at the crack of dawn.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Loads of good sea fishing near you as well Tyke. :)

Fluff Chucking:- There was an 'easy' trout lake near the Brigg road from 'Scunny' - I last went about 10 yrs ago, & then there's the 'concrete bowl' at Toft Newton (I think there was a shop & instruction available). Good luck

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Guest sslatter

Hi Tyke,

There was a thread on this same subject before, and several people, including myself, posted instances of when they too got these angling doldrums..

..but in time, they pass.

Keep your chin up son.

tyke get off the cess pit, sod the sixty quid!

put it down to experience,go and fish somewhere else ,where you know you will be happy, just get away from there!! thats the trouble with private waters you get tired of the same sort of fishing,same scenery,etc. take the advice of all the other posters on this thread you will soon get out of this rut your in.

fishings in your blood mate, just like the rest of us.

so get out there and catch some fish mate!!!or else!!!!!!!!! :D

Getting the same way myself Tyke, not been out on the river since Novemeber due to a knackered knee. Had an X ray last March and now waiting for a scan, only 6-10 months wait. Will probably have lost all interest by then.

Just wondered which becks you fished in Wakefield, when I lived there the only thing that could be caught from the becks(Alverthorpe,Balne Lane,Westgate and Pugny's) were sticklebacks and typhoyed.

[ 23. June 2004, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: wearyone ]

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

I suppose this is one reason why I take in interest in as many areas of angling as possible.

Last year most of my angling was two ledgers for carp, the year before most was with a hit and hold pole in the margins.

I even managed a few club charity matches bot years.

Last winter I got off my butt and tried a bit of river fishing, I used feeder, stick, waggler and pole on the river. It had been a while since I had fished a river.

I have a baby thats almost 4 months old now and the few times I have fished since the birth have been with a light waggler outfit twice, a day at a commercial carp puddle, 2 hours carping, a few hours lure fishing and an evening using a pole.

In the winter I will have a few beach sessions and on my summer holidays will have a bash from the cornish rocks, maybe a boat trip and definatly will chuck a fly into the farms trout pond and a waggler into their mixed pond.

I will also help the kids (big family holiday, not all my kids) catch blenies, crabs and other small fish with nets out of the rock pools (Ok I have to drag the kids along with me).

If I get bored of one type of angling I know I will always be able to turn to another and return to the one I am bored of at a later time.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!