No sympathy whatsoever.

The only people that find cocaine 'cool' are other users

[ 23. September 2005, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotta enter my 2p's worth here, but nobody's gonna like it.

All of society is awash with drugs, especially coke, weed and pills. I live in an affluent area of commuter belt Sussex, and getting coke is as easy as getting a pizza delivered (and in lots of cases quicker)

Young people just do not view drugs the same way that "society" does. Hundreds of thousands of young people smoke cannabis, regularly take E's or a bit of coke and all hold down jobs and live normal existences.

Harder drugs such as Heroin are still shunned in popular society, but coke, E's and weed are just accepted as part of things now-a-days and the sooner the Government and the media recognises this fact and stops fighting a futile "war on drugs" the better.

Drugs will always remain popular for a number of reasons. These reasons must be addressed to keep people on the straight and narrow.

Most people accept that models, footballers, rock stars, comediens, and anybody else with lots of money and a bit of spare time does coke. Anybody who is *shocked* by this news of Kate Moss needs to wake up and smell the coffe :mad: :mad:

Fastd:

Who the heck is DAnny Goffy?

I'd heard the name Kate Moss before and knew she was a model. However, until I saw the news yesterday I couldn't have told you what she looked like!

For that matter, I know the name Jude Law. But I've never heard of Pete Gregory, Sadie Frost, Davinia Taylor, Pearl Lowe or Danny Goffey.

Out of touch and not ashamed of it!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Got to agree DonRamos. Drugs are a reality and the sooner we wake up to the fact the better. They have been illegal for years, and that hasn't made the slightest difference, there is more drug taking now than ever before. Illegal drugs breed a sub culture of crime, just as alcohol did in the States during prohibition.

On a Friday and Saturday night, 80% of the A&E admissions are related to the consumption of alcohol, smoking tobacco kills 120,000 per year in the UK, how many die from smoking dope or snorting coke?

I remember the Leah Betts case after she died from taking E, one of the very few to have done so.In the papers for 3 weeks. Middle class bright girl with a Policeman father, frightened the life out of "middle class England" because if could happen to her it could happen to "our" child

300 kids a year(and I do mean kids 12,13, 14 yr olds,) die from sniffing glue or solvents every year in the UK. Mostly working class from "bad" estates. Can you name one??? Who cares, just junkies anyway :mad:

We will not stop people who want to, from taking drugs so what we need to do is make drug taking safer. Legalise it and provide proper unalduterated drugs. That would get rid of the crime, the related disease and most of the risk of overdose or poisoning.

The fact is that "rich" users who have access to high quality product can control their addiction and lead long and useful lives. Poor kids who buy their product from street corner criminals, who adulterate it with God knows what, die because they don't have a clue what, or how much they are injecting.

BTW, don't think it couldn't happen to you or your loved ones, all the people living in boxes were part of a family once

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

whoa Sportsman, legalising drugs just so that only quality ones are taken, and get rid of crime, never gonna happen, and I hope legalisation doesn't, drugs and the affect that people get from them (hence the reason they must take them) bring side effects no matter what the quality. Take it from someone who's ex husband used drugs regularly, the side effects can and do seriously physically and mentally harm others, I know someone is going to come out with the 2nd hand smoke argument harming others in a minute, the difference there a lot of us actually didn't know the effects, hence I for one am all for the law to ban smoking in public (yes I am a smoker and do smoke in public at times) but the affect from drugs affects a damn site more people from Domestic Abuse to Theft, Mugging, Murder, Debt problems and a heck of a lot more, I for one see no drug, no matter how legalised stopping the side effects, they dont happen because the drug is illegal.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Sorry Orca, but a lot of them do.

Disease, robbery, muggings, murder debt problems poisoning and overdose are all because the drug is illegal and uncontrolled.

A few years ago a trial was conducted in a Nortern City where a Doctor was licensed to prescribe heroin, that the addicts got from a pharmacy (free, heroin is a very cheap dug)in the form of cigarettes which had the drug injected into them.A controlled dose and a controlled amount.

Within 3 months all of the drug dealers had gone, petty crime and violence dropped by 80% and drug overdose virtually diasappeared. The addicts cleaned up and most of them held down jobs and became productive citizens. All of this is fact. The trial ran for 3 years and was considered by all who were affected by it a great success.

At the end of the three year trial period the government withdrew the Doctors license to prescribe and the trial finished. The dealers moved back in, petty crime muggings and violence were back to pre trial levels in no time and young people went back to dying from overdose, poisoning and disease.

Making drugs illegal didn't stop your ex from taking them and it doesn't stop anyone else either so what we need to do is get some form of control over the problem.

Will it ever happen? I doubt it. Should it happen? almost certainly.

I have worked in front line Ambulances and A&E Depts and understand very well the effects of drug abuse.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I totally understand what your saying sportsman and if I hadn't been on the receiving end (which believe you me understanding it and living it are completely different) of the side effects I would probably say it was needed but I think the bigger problem is even if it was legalised, someone would want something stronger etc and some other drug would then be invented/concocted and it would all start over again. I really dont see any way out other than education and even then I dont see the problem going away legal or illegal. Maybe my problem is that I am so anti - drugs that I have blinkers on.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

It all started in the 60's.

The Beatles were supposed to have used pot while waiting to get their gong from Lilibet.

Paul McCartney ended up with a knighthood!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

We are having problems in yorkshire at the moment with a new drug being hawked around.

It's taken orally and goes by the name of

E by gum.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

To the best of my knowledge, neither Kate Moss nor Pete Doherty have ever been arrested or prosecuted by the police despite flaunting their habits in the gutter press.

We seem to have a crazy situation where drugs are illegal but good looking talented people with their faces splashed all over the global media appear to use then regularly without any obvious negative affects on their freedom, their career's, looks or their huge earnings.

Trying to tell kids not to take drugs against a backdrop of high earning drug taking role models and personal experiences that tell peple that far from ruining your life, most people laugh their ar5es off whilst taking drugs is a total waste of time.

I think we need to seriously reapraise drug policies in this country and either go down Sportsman's route or start sticking video cameras in the changing rooms of fashion shows, pop concerts like the Brits and some fashionable bars and dragging sone "celbs" into the courts.

Personally I'd be inclined to go with the second option. Sportsman makes no mention of whether their was an increase in admissions to mental hospitals in the trial area but I bet their was and I deal with enough people suffering with drug induced psychosis to be wary of his suggestion. A bit of a celebrety cull probably won't change much in the short term but it'd certanly tarnish the glanour of drug taking and may pay bigger dividends over the longer term.

Rant over.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.