fuel prices

me

Could we keep things just a tadge friendlier please? Not that I want to be a miserable sod.... :rolleyes::)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt agree more John S. For a supposedly friendly board there would appear to be a few posters with either reading problems or sever attitude problems. Is there any need to make personal attacks I ask myself.

fuel gone up by 10p! It's because of the war in iraq and alkaeda are going to attack saudi arabia. thats what i heard on the news. am i right this time?

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

al quaeda have already attacked (western interests in) saudi arabia several times. the war in iraq was supposed to reduce the cost of fuel in the long term, obviously its not happening in the short term though.

What really is frightening is just how little slack there is in the system.

We are using fuel almost as fast as it can be produced.

Saudia Arabia has some spare capacity, but not much, and it's the problem there that has thrown the oil markets into near panic.

The Chinese economy is developing quite quickly now and their demand for oil is climbing rapidly.

We are soon about to reach the crunch point where world demand for fuel exceeds the world's capability to produce the stuff.

When that happens the price goes through the roof, that's if you can find the stuff as the supply lines run dry!

What we are experiencing now is just the first rough weather of an approaching hurricane season!

Jobs, transport, production levels, interest rates

etc will all get hit very badly when world demand exceeds production capacity.

Quite soon now.

Tight Lines - leon

ps These are the last days of cheap fuel!!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

And the next stage inevitably will be rationing.

Thank goodness I only have 3 miles to travel to my fishing :D:D

Den (I'm alright Jack)

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Leon - I agree 100% with what you say, BUT, the oil companies themselves have been a major stumbling block to investigations into alternative fuels. We now have a few (too few) garages supplying L.P.G. which was grudgingly agreed by the fuel companies. It is alleged that the major oil groups have bought off ideas which could be a threat to them. However, that does not detract from the fact that the motorist pays tax twice on purchasing a new car, pays road tax and pays both V.A.T. and tax on fuel.

Why and for what?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription