fuel prices

me

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, let me step in. Use less fuel, buy a bike? I'd love to mate, but you're forgetting one thing, both the missus and I are disabled.

I HAVE to use my car for both of us. Politics and politics alone are responsible for us having to pay more tax. The politicians have for too long said ooh there's a black hole lets tax the motorist, he can't get out of it. We have been told by the Governments that cars are the major cause of pollution (wrong!), that WE are responsible for overcrowding on the motorways, cities and roads in general. Check the amount of tax collected 'on behalf of the motorists' and look at what HAS been done to improve roads and the road infrastructure so far. The government, lying barstewards that they are, have pocketed the money and done very little to improve the situation.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Not going to rant....just yet....but I am in the same boet as klien. I am disabled and my partner very unwell. There is no option but to use the car. Physical effort is a no no....taxi's far to expensive (and bad polluters with particulates) public transport (buses) costly, unreliable and agony to ride on with all the speed humps because they do not slow down for anything,( bum in the air when they hit the bumps at full pelt). As I said i'm not going to rant.....yet

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Yeah well Im not disabled or very unwell , just a lazy git who prefers driving to walking . Could it be that the tax revenue collected from fuel , which obviously isnt used for the supposed purposes, is being used to subsidize the disabled and not very well ?

Poxer no bas**** subsidises me I've paid my dues unlike you.Having such a juvenile mind as you, makes you a young person. When you have worked two score and 2 years and have experience and knowledge of what you are talking please comment.

If you want to use words as bait you will truly make a lousy fisherman, in fact as you said you are probably are just a lazy, ignorant git.

Now run along like a good little boy and play with your mates or yourself.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

This thread seems to have gone a little off topic and descended into a slanging match.

Everyone seems to be blaming the Government for increased fuel prices but in fact the latest round of increases are caused by the stock markets panicing and the the 'futures' dealers having a buy,buy,buy episode causing the OPEC cartel to increase their prices to the Oil Companies. Additionally in the good old English fashion, panic buying has started and that in turn will lead to a shortage which in turn will lead to further price increases.

Well said blankedagain, We're all too happy to benefit from market forces when it means cheaper air flights, wine, electrical goods etc etc but when things go up suddenly its the governments fault. The gov collect taxes and use the money to pay for things we want them to, they dont make a profit so if they dont raise it on petrol, vat etc it will only be raised on something else. If you dont like what the gov spend/dont spend the money on vote for someone else. It aint perfect but its democracy One thing you can be sure of is that we camnnot depend on oil for much longer and we cannot allow traffic to continue to grow indefinately. So whats the answer?.... dont ask me I'm not a s+dding politician! :)

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Blanked again - The cost of a litre of fuel is about 26p on top of that is V.A.T. (Government) and tax (government) fuel will go up by about 3p

but the government won't keep the V.A.T. or tax the same - the result is an increase of about 10p/l

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription