Attack on angler

RUDD

There is no doubt in my mind, that the guy that tried to kill me with an axe, is not a true Romany or Gypsey, if you like. There is an element in our society that I label "Outlaws" and this individual is most certainly that, He is well known to the police, and has been described to me as "A serious piece of work".

I know ( through life experience) there are people out there, that live under the cover of traveling communitys up and down our land, they pay no taxes, they have regard for nothing (including a mans life) and disregard ANY law of the land, these are the "Outlaws " and it is these people that need sorting out, It is an alarmingly growing problem, that appears no one has the answer to,

How does one reason with someone with that outlook on law and order?

Where do you put them and their offspring?

I know true Romanys detest them as much as I do, but fear and intimidation are used against them, in fact that is their code, fear and intimidation, and if what I write is untrue, test my words for yourself, anyone of you can freely walk round the village i live without fear of violence,

TRY WALKING UNARMED AND ALONE INTO AN ENCAMPMENT (village) AND SEE HOW LONG IT TAKES BEFORE YOU ARE ABUSED, both physically and verbally.

That is the stark reality of the problem, I wish it were not,but it is.

I have spoken in great depth to the police ,therapists ,doctors, councillors and my MP, and no one has the solution to combat this escalating problem, perhaps someone on here can enlighten me?

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't just the travelling community Bob, there is a sub-order in society, a sector, irrespective of creed, colour or upbringing, that, as you say, lives outside the law, outside the bounds of common decency. I really can't think of a better term than sub-order. I suspect that in the animal world nature would have filtered them out by now!

people may or may not agree with monkeyboys views but why should he say sorry for stating what he believes?

i for one would never say sorry for saying what i believe

hmmmm really

May I (At the possibility of upsetting Wordbender?) add a couple of lines??

I have travelled in Ireland quite a bit and one this that is for sure is that the Irish as a whole hate "Gypsies" with a passion bordering on the phsycotic!! They do not dislike them they truly hate them!!

Now for my own part I do NOT lump Romanies with Gypsies!! They are to my mind one and another they are two entirely different things!! And lets face it we all dislike the antics of GYPSIES!? But ROMANIES are to my mind a totally different beast!!

How many Romany drive layers/con merchants do you know for instance??

Sorry if this also offends ANYONE but as far as I am aware free speech still exists, (till the mods get on here anyway!)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Well the ones we get round here must be the bad ones then, within 2 miles of my house we have 2 (call them what you will as i feel the pc's are about)pikies, gypsies or romany sites. As the one is less than a mile away and i walk the dog past it every day, its clear to me that they dont respect any law or proppety as they would rather smash down fences and set up where they like.The site is 99.9% empty, apart from one caravan which is the wardens,The field the back of my house is just a no-go area for a walk with the dog as its got someones drive on it ,car-parts empty gas bottles, old cassett tolilets and just a dam f**kin mess.Origally i was a well kept small park for people to sit and chill out ,but i would cost the council thousands to put right.

When evicted from a place the've destroyed they should pay up or be banged up on the spot.

As for taring every one with the same brush thats rubbish, as i dont think every truckers a yorkshire ripper,or a doctor is a harold shipman

i can safely say im not predidist just a realist.

I could be wrong but i wonder how many real romanys take the time to find out who owns the land they park up on and offer them rent, and leave it as they find it or more importantly move on when asked.

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

if your views are offensive, prejudiced, ignorant and downright ill informed (as some of the views posted on this thread are) then i think maybe you should be sorry, just a little bit.

ben88 - while it is true that folks are entitled to their beliefs, stating them in public can get you arrested if they fall under the, "incitement to commit racial hatred" provision of UK law as I suspect the original stupidity by monkeyboy does.

Now maybe you really believe your, "i would never say sorry for stating what i believe, whether it offends or not" statement and will say what you wish even if it leads to your arrest. Fine with me as long as you do it somewhere besides here.

But I really don't understand why you would feel free to make a hurtful statement on this forum that you knew would really offend your fellow posters.

edit note: I'm moving this thread to the non-fishing section since if it belongs anywhere, there is more appropriate than the coarse fishing section now that the topic has moved far away from the original Attack on Angler post.

[ 10. April 2005, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President