dave allen rip

hembo

a very funny comedian who was always having a laugh at the hypocrisy of religion...an essential part of my growing up in the 70s . rip mate you were one of the best.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Some years ago, my crowd were parked next to him and his family in the carpark at Twickenham for one of those amazing England Ireland games. He kept us laughing so much over a bbq and booze that we all forgot what we were there for and almost missed the game. A really nice bloke.

I expect that the Vatican are breathing a sigh of relief now that he's gone :)

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

wot kendo sez

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

A very sad loss indeed :(

RIP Dave Allen

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

He was a sound guy! we will meet in the same place mate cos I am as evil as you LOL

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Just read about his death, very sad indeed...About a thousand years ago, I was a commis saucier chef in the Royal Scot Hotel in Edinburgh, now the Moat House I think,and was on duty myself. Anyway, he was staying there for a few nights while he was on at the Playhouse. I cooked him, King Prawns in Garlic Sauce,which turned out was his favouite meal. After his meal, he came into the kitchen with the 'Maitre Dee, to give his compliments to the chef.....me. He told me it was the finest he'd ever had. What a nice guy, and made a young chef very proud too. :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Dave Allen!

For more years than I care to remember he was my "must see" comedian.

I guess we shared a similar view on religion.

I always remember the comment about "Jesus on the cross". As a young kid walked into church for the first time and saw the effigy, the priest said "Behave yourself or the wrath of God will be upon you". The kid thought "Bloody hell nailed to a cross for misbehaving".

Always told it as he saw it!

I wonder will his funeral be at all religious?

Great man.

R.I.P.

Colin

Dave Allen said, when asked if he had a grudge against God, . . "Not God no, because I don't belive in him" . ."but a grudge against all the evil things done in his name".

A blaspheming atheist on the side of the angels.

When asked why he gave up smoking . ."I was fed up with paying people to kill me".

RIP

Andrew Boyd