Gas and Electric suppliers

Tyke

Ive been with Lloyds TSB now for about 4 months for my gas and lecky after someone reccomended them as being reasonable in price.

To be honest we are paying about £50 a month for our gas and electric and i feel its way to much especially now its summertime.

Who do you Anglers net users use and how much do you pay per month for your power on average?

I reckon ill have to start looking elsewhere as Lloyds dont seem that cheap to me. :( :confused:

British Gas for both gas and leccy supply and i pay £30 a month for each of them.

Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.

British Gas the same as Spangles & Bluezulu.

One of the down sides of so many companies offering gas,electric and telephone is the forceful and aggressive marketing.

My partners parents in their dotage (83 & 87 years old) have been accosted by these over enthusiastic sales people six times. Five at the frontdoor and one in town pretending to do a survey.

The net result was a change in suppliers four times in six weeks for all services and all jumbled up.

Three of these started straight away with a welcome letter being sent and an estimated bill for the last quarter.

The whole episode run into hundreds of pounds and the confused old lady who has "Always paid my bills on time" was struggling to pay them all and was in a total state of confusion.

It was only when we discovered what she was trying to do did we manage to put a stop to it.

It took nearly five months to sort it all out.

Along with letters trying to extort money from them they had letters threatening to cut off their supply.

The old girl was in tears for a long time even though we told her that everything was ok and not to worry.

It's all sorted now and we have all her utility bills sent directly sent to us so we can authorise we gets paid and for what service.

I can tell you the whole episode made me hopping mad and all the utility companies involved suffered the wrong end of a ragmans bugle both verbally and writing.

To take such advantage of the elderly and infirm is an absolute disgrace.

I'm getting testy right now by writing this and thinking about it.

Rant over

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

I dont blame you for getting testy Little Tinca as its a disgrace what these company's get upto.

Just becouse they force you to pay by direct debit they think they can take what they like.

Ill be going back to British gas by the looks of things.

I reckon i got conned and all becouse i thought i would save a few pence!

be very carefull i have noticed a ploy to stop the poor from swapping suppliers ,they (the supplier) quote a smaller monthly debit than your present supplier to make you believe they are cheaper after a few months they increase the monthly charge but you will still owe a large amoungnt from previous months ,if you want to change suppliers you will have to pay off the amoungt owed to the present one in a lump sum ,how do i know? my present supplier does just that, my higher (double) direct debit covers the amoungnt i use but doesent clear the backlog so i am continually in dept ,the supplier doesnt care and doesent hassel me for it UNTILL i try to change suppliers ,why didnt i notice you ask easy we didnt get any billing for 3 months just the money being debited from the bank ,we ofcourse thought the debit covered the use ,unfortunatly it didnt :( i saw on telly it can be many many months before you realise how much you really owe as many people have learnt to their horror.

its no good asking what the price is per therm ,they confuse things with "special" rates etc

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I use British Gas for my gas, the relevant local electricity board for my electric and the normal area water board for my water.

Personally I think it is disgusting that when I make a cup of tea someone else makes a profit on what was always considered to be an essential service.

Sorry to hear of your of your dealings with the utility companies. My old folks believe that cash is the only way to pay bills "done an dusted" don't owe any beggar" so they innocently believed.

Banks, standing orders, direct debit are all things they just cannot cotton to..........to them paying your way by cash is good and honest...all the rest is gobbledegook.........they are just coming to terms with decimal currency.

Makes me very angry because the old and weak are short term very profitable 'customers'....I was going to write something about them being donkeys and bums. But can't it does no good.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.