Going away for a while (again)

Alan Taylor

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan, so pleased to hear your positive attitude - keep fighting mate, and you will soon be fishing again.

You may be amused to know that down here in Madeira, Norma won the toss for "first strike" and got a 40 lb wahoo. There wasn´t a second strike so that was the only fish of the day. Since then, two trips cancelled due to gales, and more gales to come. Could be the only fish of the trip.

Will be back here next summer for the marlin tho´ and we hope to persuade you and Sonja to join us.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Just spoke to Alan on the ham bone....He sounds VERY chirpy indeed and we had a good laugh together, anyway, he asked me to let everyone know, he had the results of his tests today, and he starts his Chemo tomorrow... :D:D Absolutely great news. I told him I will probobly never get that rod off him now...... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

only just seen this, some friends you lot are not even pointing it out.......norrie, when you speak to him next send him all the best, and ditto for sonja.

i'm looking forward to my trip with him next year.

cheers

phil

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Phil, I certainly will mate,I think I will be speaking to Alan this weekend, actually, I forgot to tell you that he was concerned that you got the goodie bag that he made up for you, I had to tell him you werent going on this one.... :( Also, Alan will be home on Saturday, and on AN...... :D

[ 20. October 2004, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Alan, I have only just read this, I am sorry my thoughts for you are so late in coming.

We have had 3 of Matthews family fighting cancer this year. His grandmother lost her battle last month, his stepmother is still undergoing treatment but his 3 yr old cousin is in remission.

I really hope that you will be soon as well. Our thought & prayers are with you both at this difficult time.

Don't let it beat you.

love

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

ve to watch out for a while for bleeding so fishing is not too good an idea for a few days.

Next Chemo in 3 weeks and I was told that I have "at least a couple of more years in me yet" :D Sorry Norrie :P

Food and rest for a few days then up and at em.

Thank you all once again for your support and good wishes over tha past 14 days.

If any of you out there have as similar problem or close ones that have and you need to get mad or a shoulder to cry on and .......well just email me in confidence.....just for a chat. :o

Tight lines.

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/