Those dodgy 20P pieces...

Norrie

Was in my bed last night, just after midnight.... and the phone goes....its my bro Stewart, a tad worse for wear...:) hes in a kebab shop in Nottingham, that he uses regularly....and having a laugh with the guy at the back of the counter....he asks him for lots of 20P pieces in his change...so he can make a fortune on them...:) The guy tells him that they check all the 20p pieces as soon as they get them, and that Stewart ( My Bro ) wont have a cat in hells chance of getting one..but gives Stewart a couple of quids worth of 20p's.....LOL...Stewart checks his change, what does he find!!!! correct, one of those new 20p's without a date.....seemingly the guy at the back of the counter was sickkkkkkkkkk :):):)

So, does he sell it on Ebay just now?? or later, will they go up in value??? They are going right now for around £265-275...:)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's currently one on offer for £5,000,000....

Now, where's my puirse....?

Janet

I read this thread to Bernadette who, after laughing like a drain dipped my pocket to get my wallet and loose change BEFORE checking her own purse.

Fortunately, we both know each other as wind-up artists to fall for it.

We tried to convice Bernadette's daughter that wind farms were a means of combatting global warming - the blades tuend round and generated a breeze which helped cool down the planet. She went to school the following day and let the staff know what wind farms actually did. When Berni went to pick her daughter up from school, the teacher said 'Sarah's really well informed about the environment and the role of wind farms'... and we entrust our kids' education to these people? It was made all the funnier when her daughter, following another attempted wind-up asked 'Alan, mum? Is this another wind farm moment?'

BTW, the 20p's were all dated!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

The total number minted with that error is very limited so the value can only increase over time.

If I had one (or a few) of those, I'd certainly hold it for a while - several years at least. Just keep it in a safe container where the surface will not receive any wear.

The glut of idiots selling coins with the date on one side or the other as 'rare' means that to my mind, now is not a good time.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The total number minted with that error is very limited so the value can only increase over time.

If I had one (or a few) of those, I'd certainly hold it for a while - several years at least. Just keep it in a safe container where the surface will not receive any wear.

The glut of idiots selling coins with the date on one side or the other as 'rare' means that to my mind, now is not a good time.

Totally agree with Newt, hang onto it for now. I too keep looking, but I haven't even had a shiny 20p piece, never mind an undated one :(

Rob.

Totally agree with Newt, hang onto it for now. I too keep looking, but I haven't even had a shiny 20p piece, never mind an undated one :(

Rob.

I heard last week that there were at least 200,000 minted. My hunch, although a bit late now,

is surf with the hype and cash in now.

I have a south park Kennys head full of silver coinage, i have not bothered to check. Apathy rules :thumbs:

Disclaimer; This is IMHO, i am no financial adviser ;)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Blimey - there are one or two on Ebay!! CLICK HERE

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

one or two :o

my mrs is hunting :lol:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

People are paying a few quid for ones with no date on one side. Both of the ones I had were like that, so I assume most are!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Date on one side is normal.

This particular situation came about because the mint was supposed to change which side had the date and made a slight mistake using undated dies for both heads and tails for some coins until the mistake was noticed. Thus the undated coins which could as easily have been dated on both sides (also an error) if those dies had been used for both sides.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President