Euthanasia - I am confused

kleinboet

Sportsman - PLEASE don't make half a posting! OK if you are not smart enough let me try and make it simpler. A man has his legs amputated as they have been crushed by a car - A dog is euthanised because his back legs were crushed by a car!

A man is diagnosed with an extremely virulent and painful form of Cancer that even Opium will not ease the pain and it is inoperable yet he is not allowed to kill himself because he cannot take the pain - an animal is diagnosed with the same Cancer and is painlessly euthanised.

It would appear that animals take preference over humans when a "humanitarian" decision is required

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course ALL animals have souls! And, I believe that they go to the same place we go when we are (to quote somebody) "reborn"!!!

The point I am trying to put over is that man is crueler to man than he is to animals!!

He insists that he cannot euthanise himself, yet if his animal/s are in the slightest discomfort that cannot be allayed, the animal is put down to "prevent it suffering"

WHY?

What's wrong with doing the same for humans!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

isnt a soul the essence of belief in god? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul do animals believe in god ,hindu's think they do (have souls)but christians get a bit tongue tied because if animals do have souls they are our equal but yet animal sacrifice is commonplace in the bible ,we cannot use them for food if their equal because "food" for all was "leaf" only after the flood did god give permission to eat animals.

perhaps he changed his mind and backtracked on the animal soul part?

does animal crap have a soul? after all dogs eat meat which is (or was) an animal with a soul .cracked it so long as a dog doesn't eat a living animal its fine ,bugger what about humans swallowing oysters ,we need research

GOT IT ,fat people are fat because they contain the souls of the meat they ate the body needs to expand to get them all in ,not sure but if each soul is 21 grammes and i'm 18 stone its probably about right for the amount of animals i'v eaten ,bugger farmyard animals are fat because they eat (or did now they eat fish do fish have souls) animals ,i could be overdosing on souls!!!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sportsman - PLEASE don't make half a posting! OK if you are not smart enough let me try and make it simpler. A man has his legs amputated as they have been crushed by a car - A dog is euthanised because his back legs were crushed by a car!

A man is diagnosed with an extremely virulent and painful form of Cancer that even Opium will not ease the pain and it is inoperable yet he is not allowed to kill himself because he cannot take the pain - an animal is diagnosed with the same Cancer and is painlessly euthanised.

It would appear that animals take preference over humans when a "humanitarian" decision is required

What on earth are you talking about?

What has a man having his legs amputated got to do with a dog having his legs amputated.

Are you suggesting that a man who has his legs amputated in an accident should be euthanaised and if not why are you talking about it?

As far as the cancer patients suffering not being alleviated by opium is concerned you are once again showing a level of ignorance of the subject which should really remove you from the debate.

Modern medicine has the knowledge and medication to effectively deal with pain. That is a fact. Whether individual Doctors have the skill or indeed the will to deal properly with pain is another debate.

In the modern hospice movement great improvements have been made to controlling pain in terminal illness in recent years.

I feel dreadfully sorry for people who have to watch their loved ones suffer dreadful agony but instead of carting them off to Switzerland and killing them maybe they should be doing a bit of research into finding a hospice with proper terminal care facilities.

http://www.helpthehospices.org.uk/about-ho...s-hospice-care/

If they find that difficult them maybe we should be having a debate about why this service is not more widely available rather than having a debate about why we should be allowed to kill people.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

sorry the medical profession hasn't adequate pain control ,my mum died in writhing agony and her allotted morphine pumps were used up for that day.

she had a machine with a manual over ride .it was restricted to X amounts per day whatever the pain was once it was reached that was it.

its was restricted though for perfectly reasonable reasons a fatal overdose by a third party ,but ofcourse the amount was a judgement which was wrong in her case she had pain the best thing that happened to her was she died and if i had had the guts i would have helped her go sooner

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

sorry the medical profession hasn't adequate pain control ,my mum died in writhing agony and her allotted morphine pumps were used up for that day.

she had a machine with a manual over ride .it was restricted to X amounts per day whatever the pain was once it was reached that was it.

its was restricted though for perfectly reasonable reasons a fatal overdose by a third party ,but ofcourse the amount was a judgement which was wrong in her case she had pain the best thing that happened to her was she died and if i had had the guts i would have helped her go sooner

Whether individual Doctors have the skill or indeed the will to deal properly with pain is another debate.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

not to would contradict their profession surely ,why not get them struck off?

The point I am trying to put over is that man is crueler to man than he is to animals!!

He insists that he cannot euthanise himself, yet if his animal/s are in the slightest discomfort that cannot be allayed, the animal is put down to "prevent it suffering"

WHY?

Because historically, the church has always tried to insist that a persons time of death is the provivence of their god and that life is not to be cut short by man.

It's nice to see this topic back on subject but unfortunatly, the truth about why western society baulks at human euthanasia is all down to the prohibitions put in place by religion.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Because historically, the church has always tried to insist that a persons time of death is the provivence of their god and that life is not to be cut short by man.

It's nice to see this topic back on subject but unfortunatly, the truth about why western society baulks at human euthanasia is all down to the prohibitions put in place by religion.

unless were fighting moslems or any other heathen or disbeliever :D

theoretically is it ok for a christian doctor to put down a non christian as if it were an animal ? err soul les animal ofcourse or as jews see only themselves chosen by god (no doubt everyone else is a sub human) then i'm sure a visit to a nice jewish doctor should suffice???

i cannot see why euthanasia has a religious determination the bible is nothing but smiting and ethnic cleansing and other naughty things supplemented with healthy beggatting to ensure future generations carry on the good work

Edited by chesters1