Power of Prayer?

ColinW

:D shouldnt that be scribo Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why does an omnipotent god need a man in a dress to speak for it and to defend it?

Does KB wear a dress? :P

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

now now ,KB is getting to the age where its better to hedge your bets just incase.

if hes right and were wrong hopefully he knocks at our doors to jeer but i can say pretty much certainly he wont get out of his body never mind consult the census to find where our doors are.

my mum promised to get intouch (and she despite her faults always did as she promised) never knocked on mine thus to me its 100% certain god ,heaven, afterlife, angels or demons (incase your gods black book has as many bad marks against your name as mine may have) do not exist.

and who in their right mind would believe in such a cruel god if he did exist?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

and who in their right mind would believe in such a cruel god if he did exist?
Well if there were concrete evidence that he existed, I guess one would have to accept that. Whether or not one would choose to worship such an egotistical, psychopathic monster is a different matter.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I am going round and round in circles here - the OT is history!!!! (Bilical history if you want!) - the NT is the start of life as we know it!! By the way, those of you that keep in saying Christians and the old testament in the same breath, Christianity did not exist!! The name Christianity comes from Christ!!!

Cory:

Matthew 5

(Verse 17)'Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfil.

(Verse 18)For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

(Verse 19)Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Verse 17 - He did, he fulfilled it with the eleventh commandment!

Verse 18 - emphasis on the ALL

Verse 19 - I don't argue with that!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I am going round and round in circles here - the OT is history!!!! (Bilical history if you want!) - the NT is the start of life as we know it!! By the way, those of you that keep in saying Christians and the old testament in the same breath, Christianity did not exist!! The name Christianity comes from Christ!!!
The books of the Old Testament that all Christians agree on are: etc.....

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Cory:

Matthew 5

(Verse 17)'Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfil.

(Verse 18)For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

(Verse 19)Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Verse 17 - He did, he fulfilled it with the eleventh commandment!

Verse 18 - emphasis on the ALL

Verse 19 - I don't argue with that!

But he's not talking about the ten Commandments, he's talking about all of them

If Christians only "believe" in the new testament why was I taught about it in church? Why don't they rip the 'Jewish' half out and only use the New Testament?

Jesus wasn't a Christian he was a Jew. Christianity is nothing more than a 2,000 year old personality cult and a scam that you have to have 'faith' in because you can't find out if is true until you die.

Hundreds of powerful men use this scam to take money from vulnerable people and they call it 'religion'. Because it's religion the rest of are expected to put up and shut up. I wish I had thought of it. Biggest pyramid scam on Earth and it tax free and 100% legal.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

if gods so bloody powerful why cant he fix his own bloody steeples

if jesus was so good why did the priests (his fathers mouthpieces) nab him and hand him over to the romans ,it seems the bible (and remember the bible is christian all of it, the jews had their own comics ) isnt as good as it seems when it comes to forgiveness or cheek turning.

its not only tax free its tax incentivesised (word?) ,the tax payer forks out a % for it even Muslims.

your forgetting its all the same storyline the different religious factions had their own versions of the story ,jewish predates jesus but the christians grab the whole kit and caboodle as a fully functioning scam for western use and changed its name to the bible :D i think the copyright laws were different back then.

but if the bible is true where is the Apocrypha? was it so obvious it was a pack of lies and myth it was left out in case it showed the rest was as well?

hmmm this might upset the catholics

Jasher 2:19 For in those days the sons of men began to trespass against the Elohim, and to transgress the commandments which he had commanded to Adam, to be fruitful and multiply in the earth. 20 And some of the sons of men caused their wives to drink a mix that would render them barren, in order that they might retain their figures and whereby their beautiful appearance might not fade.

Edited by chesters1

Oh dear - this is going back to Sunday School. Let me just say God's Churches were TOTALLY different from the Christian church today - It was a forum for debate, rather like this one, only with people facing one another. Remember were told Church and not churches, A lot of "churches today are creations of man. Men who used only one or two paragraphs of the Bible to form a new church.

IMHO if you believe in god and Jesus, you are a member of his church.

Look at the C of E. Started by royalty who was told by Rome (another wayward "church" ) that he could not marry again!

Why I call what is possibly the most powerful "church" in the world "wayward" is that they don't pray directly to God, but through the Virgin Mary - breaking a commandment!

Now something startling - you don't HAVE to go to church to be a Christian!! You can pray anywhere!

As for non-Christians, how many of them have never said a prayer - even if it only "thank God" , "God help us" or "Oh God" They are all prayers, whether you like it or not!

Let's try and use some common sense here, Christians do use the all eleven commandments, but not in the way that is was done in the OT.

What the do is observe the commandments!! Voluntarily!!

We don't commit adultery, kill people, we don' covet our neighbours wives etc. Why????

We have a very important duty as Christians, we show we are Christians by example (well we try!)

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Oh dear - this is going back to Sunday School. Let me just say God's Churches were TOTALLY different from the Christian church today - It was a forum for debate, rather like this one, only with people facing one another. Remember were told Church and not churches, A lot of "churches today are creations of man. Men who used only one or two paragraphs of the Bible to form a new church.

IMHO if you believe in god and Jesus, you are a member of his church.

Look at the C of E. Started by royalty who was told by Rome (another wayward "church" ) that he could not marry again!

Why I call what is possibly the most powerful "church" in the world "wayward" is that they don't pray directly to God, but through the Virgin Mary - breaking a commandment!

Now something startling - you don't HAVE to go to church to be a Christian!! You can pray anywhere!

As for non-Christians, how many of them have never said a prayer - even if it only "thank God" , "God help us" or "Oh God" They are all prayers, whether you like it or not!

Let's try and use some common sense here, Christians do use the all eleven commandments, but not in the way that is was done in the OT.

What the do is observe the commandments!! Voluntarily!!

We don't commit adultery, kill people, we don' covet our neighbours wives etc. Why????

We have a very important duty as Christians, we show we are Christians by example (well we try!)

unfortunately they do ,you may not its your choice but right now probably within a 1000 yards of you someones at it or thinking about it,were killing people all the time with the churches backing in afghanistan ,coveting is probably a more widespread than adultry .

the commandments are a set of common sense ideas not laws from god ,anyone to have a quiet life will abide by them ,laws are needed to get power so its a good idea to make them fairly easy to follow (saves all the rebellions) ,i try ,most people do.

there was perhaps in the initial set of writings more "laws"

13 dont covet gold

14 dont wage war

15 dont force people to do your bidding

16 dont lend money

but wait out came the blue pencil by the head scribe him and his leaders cant have that banned how in hell will they get their cut?

we know jesus (according to the bible) had a thing about money lenders so why didnt his dad smite them as a lesson to all?

how many people have died in the search for yellow metal how much grief has it caused ,how many millions have died in wars in gods name (he's happy to be on everyones side) and how many have suffered under the churches laws forcing them to hand over money they cannot afford under the threat of hell?

you can believe in jesus and not be christian as i mentioned before moslems do as well so is jesus a jew or moslem (or rather the predecessor to the modern moslem faith)or a christian?,

showing were christians was involved in the crusades (where we were just as ruthless as the "barbaric" moslems) and still today forcing our "christian" values down peoples throats at the point of a gun goes on with a great deal of gusto making us a little unpopular with the moslems who will become top dog in the religion stakes very soon.

even if it only "thank God" , "God help us" or "Oh God" ,not prayers!! they are "sayings"or oaths you may at times say "fook me" "bugger me" or even blimey (blind my eyes?) or gawblimey (god blind me) its not intended to be taken in the literal sense :D

Edited by chesters1