Scottish sea anglers "worth millions" part2

Jaffa

Oh dear!! Does that mean you have been suckered onto some committee deciding where MCZ's ought to be?

Not sure I like being referred to as a hairdresser, I've applied myself to several tasks concerning fishery management in the past, involving defra and scientists nothing of any use ever came of it.

What exactly is this task at hand that upsets you coz I have not applied myself???

He probably went to the same 'Skool' as Leon, Peter.

They think they are going to make a difference. :lol::lol::lol:

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear!! Does that mean you have been suckered onto some committee deciding where MCZ's ought to be?

Not at all ... I did my volunteering stuff for SSFDC.

Are you still sticking gill nets out off your beloved coast.

How could I possibly effect that situation?

I think Clover and his mates are to blame for waking up the public to what has happened to cod/haddies/herrings on your side of the UK.

Bring back Tunny when the N Sea herring and mackerel stocks are sustainable, OK?

B)

Not at all ... I did my volunteering stuff for SSFDC.

Are you still sticking gill nets out off your beloved coast.

How could I possibly effect that situation?

I think Clover and his mates are to blame for waking up the public to what has happened to cod/haddies/herrings on your side of the UK.

Bring back Tunny when the N Sea herring and mackerel stocks are sustainable, OK?

B)

Hello Ha

Been a way barble fishing for a few days.

I think Clover and his mates should be held to account for telling the public lies.

It's a shame the fishing industry has not done more to disclaim his lies and false statements as Clover like you Ha is very easy to trip up and disprove your statements.

How do you know that Tunny are not in the N sea? They are being fished for just around the corner off Ireland.

The scientists are saying know that there are so much herring that they can not sustain them selves and are due for a stock crash as has happened in the past normally helped along by a drop in sea temperatures nothing to do with fishing pressure.

Last I heard Mackerel are doing fine at the moment or have you new evidence that says different?

I fish to live and live to fish.

How do you know that Tunny are not in the N sea? They are being fished for just around the corner off Ireland.

Sometimes words fail you!

I know you not to be a complete @rse; but working towards, eh?

Mackerel are being sucked out of the SW UK and further towards the edge of the Continental Shelf each year.

They'll go the same way as the well-remembered herrings of the 1900s - 1970;

then there were were no more to catch in the N Sea.

Grand Banks had a similar problem with cod, if I remember.

Do you know why herrings are coming back? (It ain't global pharting).

It's purely because there were none left to catch.

Drifters used to fill every E Coast port from Thames to Aberdeen.

And they've now been left alone.

Now there's a couple of old-style fishing boats left in Thames Estuary.

I guess they'll get a few before the population is exhausted.

Sustainable, I read.

Why you guys keep saying there are loadsa a fish out here is beyond me.

Modern technology and fishing methods catch 95% of marketable species before they can spawn.

Show me the herrings and mackerel in the N Sea and I will go out and catch a Bluefin with you.

I think we need to start with re-establishing the sand-eels which start the chain in many ways.

The Danish, Russians and some mercenaries saw that lot off for fish meal in the Steppes of Russia.

Never seen so many puffins with bunches of pipefish in their beaks (lack the protein the birds need).

Thank God the intensive/industrial fishermen are on the way out!

<_<

I can describe mackerel fishing top, middle and bottom of the channel this year as patchy.

Perhaps they have moved up to iceland. Can we have our fish back? B)

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...erel_quota.html

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Sometimes words fail you!

I know you not to be a complete @rse; but working towards, eh?

Mackerel are being sucked out of the SW UK and further towards the edge of the Continental Shelf each year.

They'll go the same way as the well-remembered herrings of the 1900s - 1970;

then there were were no more to catch in the N Sea.

Grand Banks had a similar problem with cod, if I remember.

Do you know why herrings are coming back? (It ain't global pharting).

It's purely because there were none left to catch.

Drifters used to fill every E Coast port from Thames to Aberdeen.

And they've now been left alone.

Now there's a couple of old-style fishing boats left in Thames Estuary.

I guess they'll get a few before the population is exhausted.

Sustainable, I read.

Modern technology and fishing methods catch 95% of marketable species before they can spawn.

Show me the herrings and mackerel in the N Sea and I will go out and catch a Bluefin with you.

I think we need to start with re-establishing the sand-eels which start the chain in many ways.

The Danish, Russians and some mercenaries saw that lot off for fish meal in the Steppes of Russia.

Never seen so many puffins with bunches of pipefish in their beaks (lack the protein the birds need).

Thank God the intensive/industrial fishermen are on the way out!

<_<

But Ha none of the above is true as Barry’s post helps to prove, especially the bit ''intensive/industrial fishermen are on the way out!'' I think they must be some of the wealthiest fishermen in the world.

You are still reading old out of date science based more on presumptions by people like your self than on actual science , you need to update your library old boy.( but don't include anything from Charles bloody Clover)

Just think about it Ha the answer is quite simple.

I fish to live and live to fish.

I live at Hayling Island ....

I saw what the under 10s did to the plaice and codling in'87 - 90 here.

The fish stocks weren't the problem.

The destruction of the habitat was the problem.

25sq miles of barren sea ( The Gobi Desert)

... trawlers, I'm afraid.

Nothing I can do .... but I'm working now on MCZs ...

B)

You got to be joking, propergander, where's your evidence, if MCZs apply then it will apply to anglers, the line in the sand has been drawn, and you drew it lol lol

Jaffa, to try and get back to the original thread,

What's your view on the press release and the fact that the Scottish sea angling fraternity is being viewed as of serious economic benefit?

Do you think that the money that might be spent on more "management" would be money badly spent?

Or, are you pleased (with cautious reservation B) ) that Scottish RSAs are being taken seriously?

What benefits do you hope to see and how, in your view, could "management" be best targetted to benefit all?

Im happy to see things that improve the economy and leads to jobs; im unconvinced all chiefs and no indians makes any sense, esp if those chiefs have not a clue about about the subject and feel no pain at any changes needed.

I think that the Scots reps, perhaps exposed to the realities of life up here, are being taken seriously because they are being serious and not representing some religous view, nor do they seem to "hate they neighbour" in the way so beloved by those "leading" the RSA charge down south to date ;)

I have no caution whatsoever about genuine "RSA" reps making headway. I worry far more about being denied historical access to a harbour wall because some green mouthpiece winds up the commercials by slagging them off in the Fishing news: Any angling rep, that does not grasp how important that paper is to the uk commercials, and wades in their with a load of hatred had better know what they are talking about. To date they don't, and we will all suffer as a result.

Send the "more money for management" to me; :D

I promise to spend it wisely! Nah, don't do that, you keep it and use it to very loudly tell all those guys that have been fishing for generations how to sort it out ;):D . Thats the best way we are told ;) you throw money at it and solve it all ;)

Im actually pretty optimistic about whats happening up here ;)

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Im happy to see things that improve the economy and leads to jobs; im unconvinced all chiefs and no indians makes any sense, esp if those chiefs have not a clue about about the subject and feel no pain at any changes needed.

I think that the Scots reps, perhaps exposed to the realities of life up here, are being taken seriously because they are being serious and not representing some religous view, nor do they seem to "hate they neighbour" in the way so beloved by those "leading" the RSA charge down south to date ;)

I have no caution whatsoever about genuine "RSA" reps making headway. I worry far more about being denied historical access to a harbour wall because some green mouthpiece winds up the commercials by slagging them off in the Fishing news: Any angling rep, that does not grasp how important that paper is to the uk commercials, and wades in their with a load of hatred had better know what they are talking about. To date they don't, and we will all suffer as a result.

Send the "more money for management" to me; :D

I promise to spend it wisely! Nah, don't do that, you keep it and use it to very loudly tell all those guys that have been fishing for generations how to sort it out ;):D . Thats the best way we are told ;) you throw money at it and solve it all ;)

Im actually pretty optimistic about whats happening up here ;)

Ahh yes, this is better, much the same discussion Worms and me are having on another topic. title may be different. So thanks for your kind words Jaffa, they do mirror my way of thinking, that instead of reformation of the fishing laws it would be better if the reformation came from top down and make it fit for purpose, that makes sence to me.

Footnote, are you on about the headline grasping comments of: 'illegal charter boat landings' by any chance.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..