Its worst than we think

Guest sandpipper

Are we talking about a regional name here ?

To the best of my knowledge the "Glow Worm" (actually an insect) is the only bioluminescent beastie likely to be seen in the UK and we don't have any fireflys.

I agree that Glow Worms are in serious decline but they are flightless and only ever seen glowing on the ground or on bushes.

Fireflys are common in Asia and parts of the US and flash theirbioluminescent organs whilst on the wing.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

posted by sandpiper

quote:

infact i lived just outside southampton a tiny little village called mottisfont

ere, think i priced a cob wall that had fallen down there, is it flat with broad, shallow rivers that meander a lot ?

originally hosted by pembo

quote:

your right this year there has been hardly any wasps or bees . i live in a rural town so hardly see any birds where i live due mainly to the amount of cats

DON'T GET ME GOING ABOUT CATS :mad: :mad: :mad:

............Right, here goes......

1. No one will own a cat without a valid reason.

2. No one will own a fertile cat unless they are a licensed cat breeder.

3. A very expensive licence fee shall be introduced with immediate effect.

4. The licence fee will be used to implement the immediate compulsory sterilisation program of all existing cats.

The above will result in a substantial but humane reduction of cats within a few years.

The population of cats in saxon/medieval times was so small that places were named after wild cats that nested there, such as cathanger( wild cat nest in the wood on the slope )

If the british public truly are animal lovers then they would not object to this program. Who could think that the saturation of our country by a creature with predatory instincts that go beyond mere hunger satiation is acceptable?

Some may argue that cats keep rats & mice populations in check, this is absolute rubbish.

We are plagued by other peoples cats, crapping in our gardens & killing birds, slow worms, frogs,voles etc., the easy targets.

we have been over run by rats & mice, the cats don't bother with them.

From an angling point of view, how many thousands of tonnes of fish are slaughtered each year just to feed our awsomely over-inflated artificial cat population.

For the people that object, because they would miss "little tiddles".......

Get a guinea pig, cuddle it, feed it cereal & milk, tickle it under the chin & squeak at it, it will love you far more than your self centred purring mass murderer.

i believe upon purchase of a cat you should also be given a sack and a brick

always remember my old english teacher " the only good cat is a dead cat and you only know where your cat is when you have its fur nailed to your back door"

NUFF SAID

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

Ahh, but if you got rid of cats, what would you hang in trees to feed up that chub swim you were thinking of fishing in a couple of weeks ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.