Angling Trust Announces Restructuring

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you know Budgie, I too feel that the chances of a unified angling organisation is improbable, certainly in my life time.

How can we have unification, when there are so many self interested groups, each with their own agenda.

I would feel more inclined to support a group that concentrated on improving the conditions of the waters as a 'natural' resource, and not think of them as just fisheries. Get the first right and the second will follow.

As for ECHO, I have read their "aims", and I think that although their intentions may sound laudable, I feel that the stable door has been left open far too long for them to have an effect on fish population diversity.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I would feel more inclined to support a group that concentrated on improving the conditions of the waters as a 'natural' resource, and not think of them as just fisheries. Get the first right and the second will follow.

Totally agree with that mate.I was a long time ACA supporter but Im just observing for a while now that AT has taken them on.Im sure that like me many regarded the ACA as Allan Edwards and now hes gone....but we will have to see.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

English Carp Heritage Organisation........quite a narrowly focused group.

Something makes me think they won't be supporting perch and grayling for tea then :(

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Ah, right, thanks. So it's a carp industry thing then.

ECHO is a single species group, but as Ruth pointed out, she also worked with the SAA for a long time, so is not really representing carp anglers alone. And of course don't forget that carp anglers are as diverse a group of anglers as anyone else, and most don't belong to any carp group never mind supporting them.

Back to some of Budgies and others points; All groups are by definition alienating of factions of the angling community. As soon as a group is formed, it needs a leadership team, and that makes them a target for detractors and others who state 'they're in it for their own glory, personal gain etc', it's a no win situation. The bigger the group becomes the worse flack it attracts. I too don't know the answer but lets be brutally honest - who really thinks Jo Bloggs angler from the street is going to win any favour or be listened to ? And even if they were, how long before they become one of the aforementioned leaders and get tarred with the same 'glory hunting' brush ?

Angling is no different to any other sport in this regard and I applaud Ruth and others who have broad enough shoulders to drive this thing forward and wish them and AT the sucess they deserve.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

It all seems to of gone a little quiet?

Waiting with baited breath for you to tell us the secrets Ron from the boys in the know. Nudge nudge. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..