If you have a problem with next doors cat

corydoras

Well let's hope that the little sh1ts are caught, and prosecuted..........not least for forcing the snake to bite someone. A snake's head is immensely fragile and to try and force it to bite someone/thing could cause injury. As only two puncture wounds were inflicted it certainly wasn't a proper python bite, the guy would have had dozens of tears in his arm from a real one!. Proper snake bites can be quite unpleasant believe me!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proper snake bites can be quite unpleasant believe me!

I know ALL about that!! I once had around eight and that did it for me!! NEVER ever drunk cider and lager again!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Interesting reading:

All outdoor enclosures should have fences well-dug into the ground (many lizards and tortoises are surprisingly strong burrowers) and high enough that they cannot be easily climbed.

I googled "keeping a python outdoors as a pet" and this was a passage from one of the sites!

The thing is that it would be interesting to see this debated in court. The Python is a dangerous animal - so is the cat, it kills far more wildlife than a python! If the owner has a secure garden, he could argue that the cat should not have been there as the garden is secure!

How about taking the snake with him/her to court? :rolleyes::rolleyes: They could show that the animal is as much a "pet" as the cat is!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

<snip>

The thing is that it would be interesting to see this debated in court. The Python is a dangerous animal - so is the cat, it kills far more wildlife than a python! If the owner has a secure garden, he could argue that the cat should not have been there as the garden is secure!

How about taking the snake with him/her to court? :rolleyes::rolleyes: They could show that the animal is as much a "pet" as the cat is!

I'll think you'll find the cat is now an ex-pet, having been assimilated into aforementioned python.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

Its extremely irresponsible to allow a 13ft burmese python out in your garden unsupervised apart from just the risk of losing your pet at 13ft in length a burmese python is quite capable of killing someone (it wouldn't be able to eat them though) from what i've read you shouldn't really even be handling snakes over 8ft long by yourself (a rough guide with big snakes is one handler per 5ft of snake) however in reality large dogs can be just as dangerous(at least to cats) & almost certainly injure more animals and humans every year in this country than do large snakes.

To be honest i think both parties are to blame (it also makes me wonder if they would have called for cars to be banned if "wilbur" had been run over & squished on his free roaming adventures instead of being eaten).

Quite right mate, a 13 foot foot python could easily kill someone.

A toddler was killed by an python at the beggining of last month in Florida.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5526414/14272277

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Cory, while agree that a python is a dangerous beast (I've seen enough of them!!) I think that DOMESTIC cats have killed more people than a snake has.

I have seen many reports of "tragic accidents" happening where cats have slept on babies faces and suffocated them!

I believe if you saw a Python you would be wary to say the least, but a common moggy? Yet it will kill wildlife with impunity (if not treated right) and are very territorial, so it is not beyond the bounds of impossibilty that the cat jumped up and slept on the baby's face by accident.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

KB, the stories about cats suffocating babies are now generally considered to be old wives tales. There was a case in 2000 when a cat was found sleeping next to a baby which had died, and the newspapers pointed the finger at the cat, but the post mortem showed that it was SIDS ("cot death").

Babies should not be left unattended with any animal, of course.

Cory, while agree that a python is a dangerous beast (I've seen enough of them!!) I think that DOMESTIC cats have killed more people than a snake has.

I have seen many reports of "tragic accidents" happening where cats have slept on babies faces and suffocated them!

I believe if you saw a Python you would be wary to say the least, but a common moggy? Yet it will kill wildlife with impunity (if not treated right) and are very territorial, so it is not beyond the bounds of impossibilty that the cat jumped up and slept on the baby's face by accident.

personally i very much doubt that domestic cats have killed more people than snakes infact i'd love to see some figures to back that up, the problem is a 13ft python isn't just dangerous to toddlers (the one that killed the 2 year old in corys link was only 8ft long) they can quite easily kill a full grown adult (I just can't see "tiddles" being capable of that in any normal situation).

Edited by snakey1

I reckon that if you are going to kill your neighbour's pets you should do it humanely and hand over the corpse to them. Poisoning is a coward's game.
I was just re-reading this thread and spotted the comments about poisoning. Disgraceful comments. What gives you guys the right to condemn a cat to the agony of dying from liver and kidney failure? Cowardly indeed

Edited to correct spelling/grammar.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote