Taken from behind

ayjay

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Three stunning photo's there ayjay.

I reckon I know what the 2nd & 3rd are, but the 1st has got me! It looks like a gone wrong Chaffinch? Hang on, it's one of your namesakes isn't it?

I would love to know what camera you use to get such fabulous shots & where you go to take them?

Please do tell.

Undulate?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

nice pictures mate.we like to put out food and get all sorts of different birds to visit. we have about 11,000 sq ft of land which we leave in a natural state at the back of our place.it ends at the base of a small mountain,which often has hawks circling over it.at this time of the year we often have hoopee birds, often in pairs.i didnt take the photo http://www.btinternet.com/~harryrogers/Cote/hoopee.jpg

i can sit and watch them for hours.cheers dave.

Jay,Wheatear,Lapwing ,showing nice under tail coverts.

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Thanks for the compliments guys. Correct on all the IDs.

The camera is a bit of a cheapo Rabster, it's a Fuji 205, cost under £90, the scope they are taken through cost about ten times that though. I'm hoping to get a better camera soon, probably a Canon A95 which seems to be fairly well suited to digiscoping.

The Jay and Lapwing were taken a couple of weeks ago at Titchfield Haven, that bloody Jay just would not turn round. The Wheatear was taken today at Lower Test Marshes.

I have to discard an awful lot of pics to get a good one, but that's the beauty of digital.

We call them Hoopoes over here Dave, we do get a few visiting the UK most summers but I've not see none yet, I could probably go and twitch one somewhere but that's not my scene at all.

Keep 'em coming eh? I'll try and find a couple more on the same theme.