Northern Ireland Game

Vagabond

Norrie:

BZ, We had years of getting beat by numptys, but seem to have a decent manager now...a totally different team, with some confidence....    :D      :D      :D  

exactly my point norrie. we need an english man now.

norrie well done to the scots brilliant result for your lot!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a plan :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

You all probably know how I feel about English sports esp. if you watch the Ashes thread!!

My best memory of football was when we had a relatively ancient Bobby Robson taking us to the World Cup (quarter finals or semis possibly?) at the Italia 90 World Cup. This was a team that truly worked hard for each other.

Since then what (truthfully) have we had to be cheeful about?

Forgive me for saying, but Rooney and some of the others clearly showed they thought they were bigger than the team (I only watched the first half and was very unimpressed).

Svens game is dodgy ... he coaches like an Italian team, i.e. a 1 nil win is as good as a 5 nil win. The problem with that philosophy is if you play for a single goal you risk getting your ass kicked if you make a mistake. He'll go (he's only being coy about it because he'll get his contract paid off if he is asked to leave).

Ian W

There was a great strike by Quinn as well. I just hope he can hit a few like that against Grimsby on Saturday - only just a little bit closer if possible.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Well done Northern Ireland - the England team speaks for itself ..... and I'd just be echoing what others are saying here ...

Makes a nice change us Scots been happy on an International football night, and the Engish been in the huff. :D

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Have to say I'm so happy right now :D

I've watched some sh*t Northern Ireland performances in my time and to be honest never really believed we could do it!

We have done it - and we deserved it! I just wish I'd been back home in Belfast and not in Edinburgh - although the atmosphere in the pub was brilliant :D

To be fair to England though - it was a shock result and they should still qualify for the finals!

£3 I had on that game last night...

£1 on NI to win at 12's

£1 on NI to win 1-0 at 16's

and £1 on Healy to score first at 25's

Why didn't I treble it :(

GERRIN'!

Sack Sven

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

bluezulu:

...englishman in charge..

Sounds like an any oxymoron if there ever was one.

Anyway who would take the job? I would'nt do it for 4M a year. And at the end of the day its not the managers job to stick the ball in the back of the net either.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote