Motorcyclists?

Just got my first semi proper motorbike this week (a honda VFR400, NC21), and was wondering if there were any other motorcyclists on the forums, and if so what they were riding?

I wasn't actually looking for a bike, but I passed my bike test at 18, but quickly moved down the car route. However, this came up and it was a bit of a bargain (and in mint condition) so I snapped it up!

Ian W

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know what they call bikers in Acident and Emergency departments?

Doners

Take care!!!

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Sportsman:

Doners      

I thought they were kebabs :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've got a Suzuki 600 Bandit too. Had about five years riding when I was sixteen onwards, then about the last five years as well. I think the situation is referred to as a born-again biker.

Was going to stop with the bikes, but now I really fancy a Yamaha Thundercat..........

Sportsman:

Doners    

Didn't know that but I can see why :(

As long as he rides his back wisely and doesn't take risks, then he won't have anything to worry about :)

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

I used to ride A BMW K100LT, my main problem was not the way I rode the Machine but stupid car drivers who did not look oput for motor cyclists my one and only accident in twenty years of riding was aused by a car driver who pulled straight out at me on a junction.

H was approaching from a minor road and just did not bother to stop; his excuse well there is not normally a lot of traffic around at that time of day???

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

As an old time biker, rather than born again what frightens me is the power of modern bikes.

The problem is, as Tony points out, you can be the best / safest rider in the world, but others can cause you to have accidents. When, heaven forbid, this happens, the level of protection on a bike just isn't there.

The fact is that a very small proportion of the population ride bikes but a very large proportion of fatalities and serious injuries happen to bikers.

The area I live in is very popular with bikers - empty winding roads and no speed cameras, and every weekend in the summer we are treated to the howl of bikes travelling at speed, followed by the sirens of the police and ambulance service. This is now so commonplace that the local authority have erected special biker road signs to warn of danger spots.

I think bikes are great, and most bikers are extremely good riders, you have to be to survive, but the statistics are against you.

As I said, enjoy, but take care! :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/