Are you a 'good citizen' ?

GlennB

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appalling but that sort of thing will happen when an exam is overly difficult.

It certainly was not the fault of those unfortunate folk who failed and I hope the person responsible was punished.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Appalling but that sort of thing will happen when an exam is overly difficult.

It certainly was not the fault of those unfortunate folk who failed and I hope the person responsible was punished.

Quite right Newt ;) ;)

Then I went along and did the on-line UK citzenship test, and failed with 12/24.

Having been a long-standing member of the village quiz team I'd count myself as good at the 'useless facts' game, but this test often had me stumped and a little angry.

Why should anybody know (or care) whether it was 1843,1856,1875 or 1881 that British women gained the right to divorce their husband?

Why would anybody know or care whether there are 15,16,17 or 18 million under-18's in the UK?

This poop can't determine who might be a 'good citizen'. Knowing that you usually pay for your drinks in the pub as you buy them is much more important.

Edited by GlennB

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I failed!

You have failed the practice citizenship test.

Questions answered correctly: 16 out of 24 (67%)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

would a real english person try :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

would a real english person try :D

I am and I also got 16/24, 67% and I was lucky to guess a few of those correctly! Do I have to leave the country now?

What ridiculous and irrelevant questions, oh well, shouldn't complain too loudly I suppose :P

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

but would a true Englishman try?

i'm half scottish and i don't care :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well this lot (http://www.britishcitizenship-test.co.uk/?gclid=CMHH4vSkvJwCFV8B4wod8j_LoA) must be lying B'stards then??

"PASS the FIRST time just like over 18,000 of our satisfied customers. "

Mind boggles! :-)

OR try this one!!

http://noticias.aol.com/inmigracion/quiz/citizenship

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

its probably the same way as tests are done in schools and colleges where the questions are known in advance (for example in one of the City and Guilds i did there were only 4 sets of questions,) so you learn the answers parrot fashion and pass ,in the school and college tests ofcourse you learn nothing in the citizen test you don't need to anyway.

perhaps if someone answers more than 40% correctly they are suspect as they probably didnt have an english mainstream education ;)

Edited by chesters1