Any storm damage yet team!

Snatcher

What part of Scotland you in Gillies?Not looking forward to the drive in on early shift in the morning as thats when its our turn to cop the worst. Keep your head down Gillies!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

Just spoke to wee John.. he's up in Inverness just now instead of L.A.

The reports from L.A are not looking good, the phone and electric lines are down, the old pier was completely covered at high tide and the ferry is crew is on Storm watch .. I just hope I still have a boat & caravan after tonight

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hi Ziggy,

yes you did ask if i could start your engine i think i kow a man that can but he is not on the internet :(

various bits of furniture in the garden, not the daughter...lol wooden bench taking a walk at the moment...lol

tups = rams ready to do the biz

average speed of wind 50.9mph at the moment . could be an interesting night

Snatcher - you sent me some lures so you should know :D haha. Up in Western Isles - it really is howling just now - all can do is laugh, and hope for no damage.

If its going to hit you by the end of the night, I advise you tie everything down - and get bits a peaces that are near your car out of the way.

You also get heavy rain with it :)

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Car is in the garage.Should be ok unless the roof or doors go. Can recall sending the lures up but not exactly to where!

Have you had a chance to try them out yet mate?

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

yeah, sorry paula, found that bit on old thread, tog has threatened to come round & have a go, cool.

glad about the rams being ready, reminds me, its my bath nite too. will paint some raddle on after, you never know.

hold on tight up there tonight.

wind dried cod springs to mind.

Whoof. Paula, you posted a couple hours ago that the "pressure 969mb and falling still". Sounds like one hell of a storm up your way. Is it still dropping?

Also, my usual weather site has limited information for anything much closer to you than Wick. I'd love to be able to get more current stuff from your area and if you look on their page and toward the bottom, you see all the information needed to add a personal weather station.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findwe...rabster+harbour

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hiya,

quick update.. managed to speak to my mate Bodie up at LA, the Wind is veering to the West, but still very severe. High tide has been and gone, the tide almost reached the snack bar and has cleared everything off the pier.

The crew are staying on the ferry tonight on storm watch and at the moment the boats, including mine seem to be weathering the storm OK for the moment. :)

This could change though as a westerly wind, although it wont cause any great waves in the Loch it will mean the boats get almost the full force of the wind.. so fingers, leggs and everything else is crossed. :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"