• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

davy,

do you still have your boat insured as a blyth cat?? :D

les

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Just seen a reporter giving the news from Oban.

I'm glad I'm not there, the tide was being pushed across the road as the waves came over the harbour wall.

Almost gleefully the reporter signed of ".... and the worst is yet to come" !!

TL - leon

Good Luck Catchalot (and the caravan and Norrie's wee boat). For a moment I thought "They'll be sheltered by the trees".

Then I had another thought

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hiya,

The good thing, if there is such a thing is there is quiet a few miles of open water for the waves to build up before the hit Oban.. so it's always gonna look worse there :)

Fingers crossed for the wind to have abaited a bit for the next high tide at 6.30am tomorrow

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Sounds like you lot are getting it bad! It hasn't been bad here (Hull), a bit blowy earlier but right now I can't even hear any wind.

We are lucky here, we're sheltered by the Wolds which tend to push any bad weather over the top of us until it reaches the coast. Sometimes when the entire country has been hit by heavy snows, we haven't seen a single flake :( / :) *

Keeping my fingers crossed for you all....

* Delete as applicable [is this the world's first multiple-choice smilie?]

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I'm on night shift here at Scapa Flow.

We are getting gusts to about 75 kts from ssw.

Glass is bottoming out at about 967mb.

We have had a tanker dragging anchor in the Flow but she has re-positioned her self and now seems to be holding OK.

I don't know if I will have any slates on the roof when I get home in the morn or any glass in the greenhouse :(

Hold on to your hats

Scapa

Just got into work for early shift here in the NE of England. Seen little damage driving in but the tall sided lorry in front of me did go up on 2 wheels so did not overtake it!

Not sure if the winds have peaked here yet?

Hope you and your property are all ok.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy