Friendliest place in the UK?

Guest sslatter

Alan Stubbs:

Alan Stubbs:

I nominate Liverpool. The friendliest, most unpretentious place in the UK.

Unfriendliest? Anywhere in Hampshire.

I agree about Liverpool.

And the bad bits are no worse than anywhere else.

The most unpleasant is Birmingham - I have been to various parts of the city and have never found a redeeming feature.

your having a laugh! still got the scare from when one of those lovely everton fans decided he'd like to do a sulpture with a stanley knife on my arm :mad: oh yes lovely place liverpool, i don't think :mad:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Blue.

You obviously met one of the minority. Graham is quite correct about Liverpool, however I've found friendly people everywhere I've travelled even in London!perhaps people react how they are treated. Graham forgot to mention that we also have the best looking girls in Liverpool too, it's only when they speak the illusion is shattered.

Most freindliest place if found is Glasgow

Most unfrendliest is London but ive only ever visited the touristy part of london so that maybe a little unfair.

Regards Paul Mc

Guest sslatter

As a londoner myself, I'd have to agree with you about London.. not friendly at all.

blue.. most of my Liverpool contacts are red, so maybe it's that "blue thing" with the Everton fan? I tell you mate, you should support a different-coloured team, like, red and blue stripes, say, something like that? Saying that, I've got two blue friends who are total diamonds..

..but just hold your horses here, kirkby john.. if you think that you've got the best-looking totty in the UK, well, I really think you need to get out more.. :confused: :rolleyes:

Everyone knows it's Central London, and outside Brixton tube.. :rolleyes:

Liverpool, Land of stolen hubcaps and unsteady Irishmen? Not for me...

I've a fondness for Wakefield, Friendly folk and a nice proper town with pubs & the like.

Another gem I've found is 'The Chequers Inn' near Pershore in Glous, Full of totty (of all ages) good rooms & proper grub & beer.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

A couple of years ago I stayed in Bolton Whilst practising for a National on the Leeds and Liverpool canal. Between our B&B and the town center there were very freindly girls standing on nearly every street corner providing what seemed to be a direction giving service for lost motorists. You dont get that sort of neighborly activity in Tunbridge Wells.

But seriously when ever I travel to places like Bolton up North I do enjoy the fact that is easier to go into a pub by yourself and strike up a conversation with strangers, something that is much harder down south. I dont think that the people are better or nicer just more friendly.

Wakefield my home town :)

I never though anyone would nominate Wakefield as the Friendliest place in the UK.

I suspose it is quite friendly.

Your right about ethnics and the chavs dillydangler, they are all over t place now.

Sadly i moved to the grimsby area when the firm i had worked for for 15 years closed down.

I intend to move back in a few years, thats if there is any room left after t ethnics and the chavs have done taking over.

Havent done the Westgate run in years and years.

Ive worked in almost every town or city that has a jjb or matalan shop or store My nomination is South Wales with Lincoln coming a close second.Very friendly people

when you think you know everything think again....

quote:

I never though anyone would nominate Wakefield as the Friendliest place in the UK.

I couldn't quite believe that I was reading this too Tyke. It doesn't describe the Wakefield that I know...... :confused:

My vote goes to any of the small villages in County Durham. Complete strangers smile and say 'hello' to you as they pass. Quite unnerving at first until you get used to it..... :D

Paul