fishing is like camping....

PhilZenith

Im fairly new at this fishin lark. Ive been at it for about 18 months now.

I had a random thought the other day of how much you can compare it to camping.

The actual "camping" part isnt really the reason why you go camping on its own.. alot like fishing.. its not all about "catching the fish".

The prep work involved is paramount in both things. Having the right equipment, making sure it works, choosing the best sites, making sure youve got the right clothing,food and lighting.

I guess i need to gey myself a bivvie and start night fishing to get the best of both worlds dont i!

LOL

WTV

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i camp and fish on the pembrokeshire coast path, and fish for carp in a bivvie u cant beat any of them its great :) wish i could do it perminatly but that thing called work comes in the way

Im off for a 48 hour session at shatterford on friday and will be putting a tent up behind my peg.

Fishing, outdoor cooking, a few beers in the evening with fishing friends and the fresh air, you cant beat it.

Peter Waller:

For some folk it is all about camping, just ask Wordbender! Catching a fish is just a bonus.

Actually, dear fellow, it's not 'all' about anything, except perhaps pleasure.

Gosh, how profound and that.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

BLIMEY!

I just checked out Shatterford's website.

That place looks lovely!

Im not so sure about the "alarms" and waking up each time you get a bite throughout the night type fishing, but i accept you get bigger specimen fish that way.

I do have my own 2 man dome tent that i could take with me to fish...i guess that would be ok instead of getting a bivvie wouldnt it?

WTV