fishing is like camping....

PhilZenith

quote:

I managed to get all my gear to the lake via my motorbike, gear in sports bag over shoulder, sleeping bag on back and rod's/landing net tied along the sides, and to think most people cant fit their gear in a car.
heh. quality!

:)

WTV

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Appearances can be deceptive you know. Its a hole.
Come on Severn wolf im doing a 3 and a half hour journey at 3 in the morning and doing a 48 hour session there so please dont spoil it for me :(

If you thinks shatterford is a hole you wanna see some of the pits ive fished in Grimsby

If i find its a hole ill hold my hand up and say it is on my return.

But for now im looking forward to it and meeting other members of a fishsim forum who do fish for real and hopefully i might even catch a catfish.

[QB]

quote:

I managed to get all my gear to the lake via my motorbike, gear in sports bag over shoulder, ... and to think most people cant fit their gear in a car.
It depends what sort of session you're doing, really. The fact is, 48 hours at the lakeside after big carp demands 'living' gear as well as fishing tackle, and if you're hitting runs in the middle of the night (or even just sleeping) a low camp bed isn't a great thing to use.

Then there's the bivvy, bait, water, food, rodbag, unhooking mat, stove, sleeping bag, wet weather gear, boots, terminal tackle, leads, and the barrow to trundle it all to the swim. All essential - believe me I try constantly to cut down on the gear I take, but I need it all - and in no way is it possible to fit that lot on a motorbike.

Even on an overnighter most of this stuff is required, albeit in lower quantities regarding water, bait and food, but there's not much of a reduction if you intend fishing with a degree of comfort rather than enduring your session.

Oh, and Peter, note the absence of anything telly-shaped, mate. You'd obviously have to include your fishfinder, though.

;D

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Fishfinders take up next to no room on the old trade bike mate!

Reckon some carpies take this home from home thing to extremes! Sorft, thats what they are sorft!!

And sleeping when the run occurs, thats not fishing, thats trapping, so there!

Fishfinders ain't fishing, either - that's minesweeping for fish.

And I certainly don't take the home comforts thing too far. I need that leather sofa and footstool - and how could anyone catch without a bankside hot-tub?

Let's 'ave it right, Sir!

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

quote:

but I need it all - and in no way is it possible to fit that lot on a motorbike.

[/QB]

2 12ft rods and landing net tied along the side, sleeping bag on back with hot flask inside (nice toasty bag).

Sports bag... bait in side pocket, reels in end pocket, box with terminal tackle inside, food inside, bed and shelter inside, pod inside and lamp inside. Buzzers, swingers and rests in other pocket with portable tv, gameboy ds and portable dvd player, rolled up unhooking mat bungeed on top.

Spare cloths have to be warn for the journey

I'll be getting a cooker soon aswell, it'l fit :P

Might get myself a nice big racksack though :)

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image