Lower Itchen Fish-in, part #2

Newt

The Flying Tench:

Nearly 9pm, and no news from you folks. AN expects! Hope you've had a good day.

I expect they are all still in the pub, that's where they were all heading at great speed when I had to leave to get home to rescue Matthew from Liam lol

Everyone seemed to have a great day, lots of fish were caught many over 2lb!!

me, well I blanked for the 2nd day in a row, 1st time I have managed to get out this year and blanked :( Still I had some real 'chill out' time ( in more ways than one ) and the world seems a much better place again :)

Will let the others all fill you in on their catches. Oh, ask Darrel which swim he caught 2 of his from :mad:

Lovly to see you again Darrell :P

Sorry I couldn't make it to the pub, hope to be able to put faces to names another time.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once we found the fishery it was a great day!

I managed to break my grayling duck 15 times :D:D:D:D:D:D biggest fish about 1 and a half pounds added to this 4 leaping brown trout and what I belive was a sea trout it was a very good day indeed.

Darren

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Saw Lyn at the Asda checkout whilst I was clutching, wait for it.......two loaves and five fishes (left my bread and deadbaits at home on the kitchen table)

Had an excellent day courtesy of Darrell and had a new pb grayling at 2 pound and 8 very considerable ounces.

Nice to meet some new faces like Cyranne12 and Ratty (Russell) Beware of Russell, just as he said 'hi I'm Ratty' a bleedin' great water rat swam across the river in front of us. I think he can summon demons (or at least rodents) Might need The Flying Tench along on the next trip.

Good to see some old friends, Vidar and Faye and the Burgess brothers 'breakfast hoover' in action :) and as always, before leaving the fishery we swapped porkies and put the world to rights. Oh and I found that big ball of extreme cheese paste that I lost earlier in the day. As I was leaving, I dumped it in the river and several chub jumped out.

Nice day everyone. Cold but nice.

[ 19. February 2005, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Just got home after dropping Russell off, 350 mile round trip in all from Sunny Southend, and well worth the effort.

Lower Itchen is a lovely fishery, my final score was 9 Grayling, best 1lb 6oz (for a moment when I saw it in the net I thought I'd beaten my pb of 1-07 at last) A very energetic sea trout, 1 tiny chub, and a couple of minnows. Pictures to follow!

Last saw the rest of the gang in the White Swan just beside the fishery, sadly I could only stay for one quick drink as I had a long drive home in front of me, wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the gang are still there though!

Many thanks Darrell for organising a great day out!

Mat

well i'm cream crackered!

up and down all day,a nice day.

the lower itchen is indeed a cracking little river,lovely place to fish,was nice to meet all(i think i missed a few? apoligies,i was on the chub..)

gerry you have seen my powers!was a big old rat too...was good to meet you mate.nice grayling!-"dont they hang on"

was nice to meet all i met on the day,big thanks to darrel for the day out,its not often they let me out....

i started off trying for chub,i made my along the river dropping into some lovley crease swims,deep bends,far bankslacks,near bank runs with cover,the lot!i had a few knocks using paste,i tryed lamprey,for once it bought no intrest,the chevin was not amused by my humble offerings.the bright day and cold windy weather may not have helped,i felt alot better when i bumped into darrel and he told me he had no joy with the chub either :D

so late in the afternoon i set up a loafer trotting rig(pinched matts maggots!cheers fella ,and second trot i hooked my first grayling, i quite taken aback by the resistance and fight!they dont half give it some,lovely fish,she weighed 1lb exactly.i hooked another next cast and then that was it.

happy bunny i am!

a blank avoided and first grayling caught,in hindsight i should have gone for grayling!

a great day out many thaks to darrel and matt especially,and of course all those there on the day.

ps cant rember how to post pics can i upload them?

[ 20. February 2005, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Ratty46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I have just got back to Cheltenham. The first thing that I must do is thank Darrel very mutch for all that he did for all of us. we had a wonderful time on a fantastic river, and the thing that made it even better was that you were fishing with your MATES!

I must add - I am no longer a Grayling VIRGIN!!!

and I have the picture to prove it! (So has Budgie, for that matter!)

I'll post it ASAP.

:D :cool: :D

[ 20. February 2005, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Just got up after one the best nights sleep for ages, mind you was knackered after the 5 o'clock start and the 300 mile round trip.

Firstly a big thank you to Darrell for giving me the oppurtunity to fish this wonderfull fishery. Not only that he is a top notch bloke and a real gentlemen. I had plenty of Grayling, lost count on how many, best just over a pound. I am still waiting for that 2lb fish.

Budgie as you had a couple over 2lb you are barred from any other fish-ins until I have had one :D:D

Nice to meet a few new faces and some of the old ones.

Paul

Mat Hillman:

This seatrout really gave me the runaround!

I'm not surprised - look at the size of the tail on that thing!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE