Best Sci-Fi moments.

Ken L

John Carpenter's The Thing: Opening scene with the helicopter chasing the dog through the Arctic landscape, the "dum dum" soundtrack hightens the tension from the first moment.

The War of the Worlds: When the hatch begins to unscrew on the "meteor" and the "eye" slowly apears for the first time. Again the soundtrack was edge of the seat stuff, a sort of buzzing ting-ting.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

Why are the innocent punished?

Why the sacrifice?

Why the pain?

There aren't any promisses .. nothing is for certain.

Only that some get called .. some get saved.

This child will never know the heartache and the anguish of those of us left behind.

We commit this body to the void .. with a glad heart.

For within each seed there is the prommiss of a flower.

And within each death, no matter how small.

There is always a new life .. a new begining.

Amen.

Alien 3.

[ 20. September 2004, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: MrWiggly ]

The Older I get .. The better I was.

westie,

"the alien ship catching the falling brian"

it was the ship going halfway round the solar system & then crashing inches away from where brian would have landed, then staggering out to a bloke saying "you lucky bstd", that did it for me, dropped 2 the cinema floor 4 10 minutes :D

Mars attacks. Slim Whitman's when I'm calling youooooooooooooooo, blowing their brains out.

Ace.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Got to agree with Graeme. The fight scene high up with the replicant Roy (Rutger Hauser) was edge of the seat stuff for me, and then his change of heart(??) and saying those words. I like astronomical thingybobs where todays fantasy might just be the future truth. Those words are actually etched into my mind because I liked them so much.

Blade Runner (the directors cut)is my all time fav sci-fi film.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Did you know that those famous words were actually thought up by Rutger Hauser himself, and only added by the director on the final editing of the film ?

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Nope did not know that. Power to the mans elbow. I think either an interest in astronomy .......or a researched piece of info .......... magic all the same because it conjures up (for me anyway) a feeling of wonderful things.

I am by the way the worst but very keen astronomer around. See the rings of Saturn the moons and red spot of Jupiter (all via the 'scope in garden) on the computer gives me feelings of total awe.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.