Out of work............DOH!

Colin Payne

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a quiet word in a certain shelllike Colin??

Power to your elbow though mate!! I would have done exactly the same I assure you! And good luck!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Many thanks for your kind words. As I said someone else has offered some bits and pieces for me, thats the good news.....the bad is that his coaches are parked on the previous boss's yard and I've already recieved a message from him not to park my car in there! Not a problem really as there is a car park across the road. The chap I'm doing some bits for said that he had a motor for the wipers that clapped out but that my previous boss hadn't even phoned him. He does a lot of the maintenance on the coaches(with his brother in law) but can only do what he's asked to........which has been next to nothing for the past two months! I'd not been there long enough for any compensation.....the best part is just getting out and making a new start. The frustration of it is that the work and school runs I did was quite reasonable.

Again thanks and don't let them grind you down!

Colin

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Well done for walking out and I hope you sort something out that's what you want/need.

I agree with Peter though, I think it's constructive dismissal, regardless of how long you worked there.

At the very least you should shop those duff coaches to the appropriate authorities. Did I hear you say school runs?!

I know what you're saying but in this industry its very bitchy and if I told the ministry about the coaches it would be obvious it was me and he could make things difficult. Its a real turmoil because I know my old coach is dodgy but I don't want any long term problems myself, I just want to get away from it all.

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

As I work in haulage I know all about the ministry.

They will catch him in the end.

Trouble is THE DRIVER OF ANY VEHICAL IS DEEMED RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VEHICAL THEY ARE DRIVING REGARDLESS OF OWNERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!

Ie: it is up to the driver to check that everything is in a fit state (MOT STANDARD) for the vehical to be used on a public road.

We have a clerk who had three points put on his licence after being pulled over in our dock van (everyone with a full driving licence can and does use it) which had a slightly bald tyre.

Everyone should bear this in mind, especially if using hire cars/vans etc.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!