Halloween banned!

*Ant*

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ban the trick or treat bit yes ,nothing wrong with kids being locked in their rooms wearing whatever they like

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The Flying Tench:

but personally I agree with the decision. It's not to do with paganism which, though I don't believe in it myself, is usually fairly innocent. It's to do with witchcraft.

By definition witchcraft is pagan, but I guess you mean you dont like pagan beliefs that may harm others which is fair enough but halloween isnt about Witchcraft "The Celts believed that on Halloween - at the end of their year - the laws of space and time were temporarily suspended enabling the spirit world to intermingle with the living. There was a danger that people could be possessed by the spirits of the dead so villagers would extinguish the fires in their homes, to make them cold and undesirable. They would wear Halloween Costumes and dress in ghoulish costumes and make a lot of noise to frighten away the disembodied spirits.

The Romans adopted the Celtic Halloween practices and the traditions continues until the present day - taken to America by Irish and Scottish immigrants.

The modern Christian Church isnt averse to tales of possession and demons, surely the important thing is to teach children about our varied and colourful history but put it into perspective. banning it will onkly help to make it more popular! Remember many Christian festivals have been influenced by pagan ones.

On witchcraft I share your concern about the darker side but not all witches are black, I think we have some who post and might like to comment. Mind you there are priests who have badly affected the lives of Children too and were niot trying to ban Christianity as a consequence!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

And here was I thinking it was great fun dressing up as monsters and witches and making scary pumpkins when I was at school.

.....and religon of any kind had nowt to do with it, just FUN!

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

flying tench why bring up the

quote:

swastika's

when a man of your intellect should know that the Egyptians /Jews etc have used this symbol long before the Nazi's where thought off. anyhow these days its just a bit of fun for the kids most of whom know nothing of the Nazis and or pagan rituals . apart from that i say sack the council and vote in a new one..

[ 05. October 2005, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: pumphypete ]

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Dan:

Today, people who live in metropolitan areas usually look upon those who do not with disdain.

Do you know what I find hilariously ironic? London journalists describing anything which does not concern London as "parochial".

*Anthony*:

Yep that's right, Staffordshire County Council have sent letters out to local schools informing them not to partake in anything to do with Halloween.

Why you may ask?

....Apparently it's because it has Pagan routes. :rolleyes:

I very much doubt that the people they are trying not to offend give a toss either way. Apart from some Christians who, with respect, should respect that Halloween is a now predominantly a cultural rather than a religious tradition and not seek to impose their religious objections, it's just a bit of fun.

Hi all

I find this all very funny,ban this ban that.

whats is this world comming to :rolleyes: ,when the right to express your beliefs has become untollerated in this country,well that is except for christian beliefs anyway which can never be banned as so many believe in jesus etc(cough cough)

my outlook on all this religeous mumbo is very bleek,and to say that i think the bible is the dullest book ive had the distaste to flick through(sorry to offend anyone and appolgies to all)your allowed to believe what you wish(well for now anyway)anti's aside

if there were proof he was real etc we would have a very differant lives now(hope)its a funny thing hope.

i believe in ,each to there own as long as it doesnt indanger others

being nice unless forced to do otherwise

sorry to offend it wasnt my intention(but hey i probably did)

i mean is this goverment going to keep this tosh up,hot cross buns/st george/etc etc etc

what a joke this countrys become,im sorry to say it but im ashamed of this country and its vote squabbling political partys sucking the true meaning of britain dry.

dont ask me my beliefs i have none and need not the burden of such trivial ,unfactual nonsense

i protect my family untill i die and thats my role

god didnt put me here chesters and my mother did.

sorry flying tench im no convert i appologize and your free to believe what you feel you must(or want to)whichever.

no offence ment to anyone it just annoys me that we are banned from are (halloween etc)and are told we have to celibrate some culture just to brown nose the voters and make britain more(allah friendly etc etc )abit late not to mention a waste of time trying(i personnaly think if you dont like are ways SOD OFF)its what makes us who we are(if it wernt for witches, are books while growing through school would have been very boring.

besides the bible is probaby reprinted using recycled bog paper(very pure)

salem,ergot have we come far i think ,we have, but yet we still have people jumping at the neck to ban and persiquite.

ive been as polite as i can gritting teeth all the way and this is a VERY careful edit so if you think ive been harsh then remember ive been politish,im much much differant if i was being totally open so please forgive my darker side(he is at work 24/7)and yes im according to docs a split personnality sufferer but thankfully i have control most times unless forced to defend me and my own(oh and a manic depressive)so dont expect much

sg

[ 06. October 2005, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

Magic has no "colour" it is only "black" magic when used for Evil/worngful purposes..as a Gaian pagan i don't believe in any devil/supreme evil being the only evil is the evil mankind does.

Also as a Gaian pagan i have no problems with others religeons or Gods, unlike most of the "mainstream modern" religeons Gaians are Panthiests and we respect all other peoples rights to have and believe in the God(s) of their choice after all they must exsist as those who follow/worship them believe in them.

Pagans have never tried to destroy anyone else's religeon through rubbish like paranoid witch hunts, torture, beheadings, hangings, destruction of places of worship or crusades ect like other religeons and as recorded thoughout history.

I make no apologies to anyone for making posts like this one as i have never heard a single apology come from any religeon for the attacks upon paganism and its ancient past.

Just recently there seems to be a massive amount of pagans/witches/warlocks/druids ect appearing all over the place...well they haven't just appeared out of nowhere we have always been here but like our ancestors we kept quiet and hidden for fear of repraisals but as we are more accepted now we are begining to show ourselves and hold our worship out in the open where it should be held.

Oh and just so its clear to those who don't know...not all paganistic groups are followers/practioners of wicka, that was just another scare story invented by another religeon who's leaders were worried their followers may revert back to their original beliefs.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them