Halloween banned!

*Ant*

Originally posted by Alan Fawcett:

[

Pagans have never tried to destroy anyone else's religeon through rubbish like paranoid witch hunts, torture, beheadings, hangings, destruction of places of worship or crusades ect like other religeons and as recorded thoughout history.

I make no apologies to anyone for making posts like this one as i have never heard a single apology come from any religeon for the attacks upon paganism and its ancient past.

QUOTE]

Well let me apologise on behalf of christianity then for witch-hunts, the crusades, religious wars and all other attempts to promote christianity by force. They are all totally opposed to the teachings of christ. I once heard Jonathan Sachs, the Chief Rabbi, say on TV that religion is never good when it has secular power - and I think there is a lot of truth in that.

john clarke

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DavyR:

BTW, Flying Tench, there have been extensive and fruitless attempts to find evidence of "Satanic ritual abuse" dating back to the 1980s and I have yet to see any convincing evidence that it exists/existed except in the imaginations of impressionable individuals.

I admit I haven't studied the literature, but I certainly know people who believe they were subjected to this kind of thing. As for people who have been subjected to attempts to harm them through black magic I have seen clear evidence. And, surely, haven't one or two recent murders of children (from an African background, admittedly) been linked to child sacrifice? For all these kind of people it puts them in a difficult position if their children's school organises a hallowe'en disco and the children are expected to come dressed up as witches.

I'm not suggesting anyone should ban pagans or anyone else from exercising their religion. I'd be interested to know, however, pagans and witches feel about kids dressing up with funny hats and broomsticks etc.

john clarke

The Flying Tench:

I'd be interested to know, however, pagans and witches feel about kids dressing up with funny hats and broomsticks etc.

Probably about like cowboys and Indians feel about kids dressing up as cowboys and Indians with chaps, feathers, big hats, and the occasional toy gun.

As to the other, I have an otherwise very sensible friend who is absolutely convinced he was taken to a spaceship by aliens and examined before being returned to Earth. I remain skeptical.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ken L:

Fine, that's why it should be on the cirriculum. But schools are no place for religious indoctrination - especially when that (christian) indoctrination takes the form of condemnation of one of the most important pagan festivals of the year.

On this I agree.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The Flying Tench:

And, surely, haven't one or two recent murders of children (from an African background, admittedly) been linked to child sacrifice?
That's quite correct, but African witchcraft is quite different from Wicca as practised in the UK. Parts of sacrificial victims are held to have strong medicinal value in African witchcraft, whereas, contrary to reports in the tabloid press, human or animal sacrifice plays no part in Wicca.

Davy, the book of shadows..ahhh long time since i last thought about that one, like other religious books it was a work of pure fiction albeit a good one LOL.

I had the pleasure of knowing a very old lass who was or so she claimed a direct decendant of Ursula Kempe the great witch of St Osyth in Essex (1582) and she explained many things to me that the "neo wiccans" couldn't or wouldn't do, sadly she passed on before i could persuade her to teach me anything :(

Flying tench (John), thank you, you have done something that no other "church" has ever done and apologised for the way "non-followers" were treated i appreciate that a lot.

As for the way we (pagans ect) feel about the young dressing up ect i am afraid i can only speak for myself although i do know others feel the same but we have no problem with them doing so after all it is not as if they are causing harm.

African magic....well i must admit even to me that seems very barbaric.

Newt, tell your mate it was nothing to do with us martians, he asked for a trip to Vegas and we misunderstood and sent our mates from Vega to pick him up

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Again the PC company wins out again, Yet its far from me to be the bearer of sad tidings but if you look at the figures just like the red squirrels white English folk will be out numbered within 20 years and thats not counting the vest numbers still flowing in. I for one am planning to leave this very very sad country, And please don,t anyone say that the English our a bastard race, I know but its always been the strong that have mixed. The PC mod have just given this country away.

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

What I want to know is 'who is the idiot that decides what is and what is not fit to acknowledge in schools - and if this is typical of their rationale, why are they still employed?'

It strikes me that it is OK to celebrate some religious festivals in the name of cultural diversity, but not to celebrate the festivals of the state religion. Let's not forget, the Church of England came into being because Henry V111 really waqsn't into dealing with God through his appointed Euroagent in Rome, when with a little blodd-letting he could deal direct and thus benefit his own people. Where is the Queen's standpoint on this as head of the Church of England?

End of rant.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

quote:

As to the other, I have an otherwise very sensible friend who is absolutely convinced he was taken to a spaceship by aliens and examined before being returned to Earth. I remain skeptical.

Interesting Newt :P Fancy expanding on this one?????

wolf.gif