Live aid tickets for sale

RUDD

So over a hundred pairs of live aid tickets appeared on ebay last night.

Geldoff and others are kicking off saying people should not try to profit from these free tickets.

SO HOW MANY SO CALLED ARTISTS WILL BE RELEASING A SINGLE OR ALBUM WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF LIVE AID?????????????????????????????????????

After the last live aid sales of the appearing artists records rocketed.

And how many people who have got tickets really give a 'monkeys' about the politics? Most just want to go to a nice freebie concert.

Whats the difference between any of them and the ebay sellers?

ALL ARE SUFFERING SOME FORM OF GREED

Just like the masters, presidents, warlords and goverments of Africa who makes their people suffer. :mad:

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worse still, how many of those ads will be bogus anyway.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

indirectly ebay wwas responsible for live 8 happening,this was due to the fact that they were selling the original live aid concert (pirate copies)on their site.this led to the calls for the original concert to be offically released,from that things snowballed with the single and then demands for a concert.i have to be honest i have applied for the concert at hyde park , i have no intention of going but if im lucky will give the tickets to my neices.for all geldofs faults he believes in his causes which many a politican could take a lesson.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Old Sir Bob's done rather well for himself out of feeding the world.. Whether you buy the tickets or get them for free, they were always going to have a higher value and human nature being what it is, a few want to cash in. It's a free market economy and whether Sir Bob likes it or not, ranting and raving is not going to do anything but give a lot more ticket holders the idea to sell on Ebay. Just think, Paul McCartney's personal fortune alone, could wipe out the national debt of several african nations. Cynical?....me?

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Live 8 is a whooly cause with poorly defined aims.

In essence, it's just another rock gig and I for one can't blame the people doing the selling for trying to turn a buck.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The selling of these tickets on e-bay is not

illegal (morals standing aside).

e-bay checked with their legal eagels and were told

under uk law it was perfectly fine.

From a moral stand point e-bay offered to donate

the fees collected to the charity. As Live 8 is

not a charity and its about awareness, Geldof

has told e-bay to stick it up their jacksies.

He has also told the public to wreck these auctions

which is against e-bay rules and as alot of good

100% e-bayers have followed bobs word, will now be

kicked of e-bay.

live 8 tickets

The people are going to this gig for entertainment, if they were meant to be going for anything else than to be entertained, then should have been paying at least £50.-- each to help

a cause.

These tickets were released in a lottery, now

clearly some want to go more than others. If

some one wants to pay £1000 to be entertained

then why cant they?

Dont blame e-bay they are trading place and not

very good at politics. What did bob think he

was doing releasing these through a lottery?

He knew there would be chaos, therefore raising

more awareness.

At lease through e-bay, the spiv/tout would have

been off the street

As i said moral's to one side :)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

I think the response on eBay has been pretty disgusting. Not the fact tickets are on there, if you don`t agree you ignore them eh, more to do with eBay `allowing` folks to set up false accounts and bid every single auction to a few million quid. Don`t they realise its just exposing the sort of scams that eBay is rife with these days?

What about the poor sods that are new to eBay who sell the tickets. If they don`t know how to or even not even know about filing Non Paying Bidders against the duff bids then they`ll have to find Final Value Fees in the thousands to pay eBay.

Starting to make sense now eh...

Also, whos pocketing the money from the millions of text messages sent for the `ticket lottery`?

Its a great idea in concept but when Africa had to agree to pay the UK 5 million for every 1 million from Live Aid due to their colossal debt then it doesn`t take a genius to work out that if they had the money there in the first place why were so many people starving to death.

Death, disease and pestilence is rife in those countries, inhospitable lands usually have a downside like that to them. We`ll never stop it, all these events are for is to ease consciences in the West.

Its all just one big farce.

wolf.gif

Some interesting views here re live 8

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4595573.stm

I understand the princes trust have had to give up

their gig to make way for this event?

Some of the text millions will go to the trust(pay them off)

the rest to goldstein to pay for the event.

Guess bob was just having a cr*p day

see here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/m...sic/4092722.stm

:)

[ 14. June 2005, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: n4lly ]

1509tarpon_75_.gif

If I won a bottle of scotch at the church fete and sold it to a pal I would'nt give the vicar my profit, why the heck does St Bob think his beano is any different?

These 'winners' paid their dues by txt, therefore they own their tickets.

The 'winners' and sponsors are footing the bill for St B and his chums to fool about for a day.

They can do what they want with them, mind you if anyone can't go.........

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.