What's XMAS???????????

Guest Ferret1959

posted by feret:- "Why don't we just forget all together?"

I am with you there Dave - baa humbug.....

Tree fell over last night, woke up to smashed borbels (sp?) or whatever they are bleedin called all over the place....ggggrrrrrhhhhhh!!!

:mad:

this jesus fella has a lot to answer for!

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

corydoras wrote:as a non believer I take exeption to that remark.

me being another non believers couldn't give a toss about the romans and poldark is right it is a bloody great excuse for a p1ssup! and i for one intend to go out get p1ssed up have a good time and enjoy crimbo,christmas,xmas or whatever you want to call it!so corydoras stop talking such rubbish get a pint down ya neck and lighten up will ya!! happy christmas!

[ 14. December 2004, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: bluezulu ]

"so corydoras stop talking such rubbish get a pint down ya neck and lighten up will ya!! happy christmas!"

I'll bet if Villa had turned you over on Sunday you wouldn't be saying that!

:D:D

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

bluezulu:

corydoras wrote:as a non believer I take exeption to that remark.

me being another non believers couldn't give a toss about the romans and poldark is right it is a bloody great excuse for a p1ssup! and i for one intend to go out get p1ssed up have a good time and enjoy crimbo,christmas,xmas or whatever you want to call it!so corydoras stop talking such rubbish get a pint down ya neck and lighten up will ya!! happy christmas!

Since when did the English need an excuse to have a ****-up . Most of you are born inebriated. But I do agree with you. May all AnglersNet posters have a very merry Xmas and a Happy New Year when it comes. Me I plan to have a real cool Yule, and will not feel in the slightest little bit guilty about over indulging in too much food, booze, sex or anything else.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Since when did the English need an excuse to have a ****-up

unlike the scots then!

:D:D:D

happy christmas cory me old mucca!

awaaar said:I'll bet if Villa had turned you over on Sunday you wouldn't be saying that!

they didn't though did they! :D

happy christmas awaaar!

[ 14. December 2004, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: bluezulu ]

corydoras:

over indulging in too much ........., sex or anything else.

Hmmm, must have missed something in the old tradition over the years. Must have a word with the missus... :D That would at least make it once a year :D:D

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

a happy solstice too all, keep the fire burning from sunset to sunrise, otherwise the sun won't come back next year............................................................................

................................bother, that would be an inconveinience ! :):)

Apparantly 75% of the UK population believe in a GOD.

Well I suppose if you stand outside lambeth palace and ask those leaving you might get that sort of responce!

The old 'Lies, Damm Lies & Statistics' comes to mind.

I would say it is probably more like 20%? and that's giving the 'god squad' a good margin for error,

Mind you I do find the 'Christian Scientist' types the most weird - so you've got the brain and all the research and books & evolution really does seem to work & there's these gadzillions of stars and planets out there and man is about as significant to the universe as a grain of sand in a desert & you still believe in an omnipresent god who made us in his image?! Hmmmm methinks education might be lost on some!

As for X for Christ, Well as pointed out it's origins are ancient, round here we use Xchurch as shorthand for Christchurch just as Soton for Southampton, dos'nt mean we are the antichrist - just lazy!

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.