John Peel (DJ) has passed away

RUDD

chesters1:

hating radio (all that wasted time when having to change frequencies when crap songs come on) i didnt know he was alive anyway

Isn't that a bit disrespectful Chesters!!!!!! You have offended alot of people

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

Little-known fact about John Peel: he blagged his way in to a Press Conference in Dallas in 1963 and witnessed Jack Ruby shoot Lee Harvey Oswald.

It's totally surreal to see him standing there on the right in the TV footage..

Great bloke. Best music DJ ever. Shame.

Alistair- that was chesters1 being respectful. :D

alistair:

alistair:

hating radio (all that wasted time when having to change frequencies when crap songs come on) i didnt know he was alive anyway

thats just our chesters way, he doesn't mean any harm

Strange that John Peel was his chosen 'stage name' and that news of his death was announced on the day that the hunting bill was getting coverage.

Do ya ken?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

quote:

not in the slightest ,i always find it strange that people can show emotion for a voice ,even more if they have never met him ,just because he is "known" doesent make him different to the tens of other people just as valuable in their way that died the same day but because they didnt have E rate celebrity status go unnoticed :confused:

he did nothing for me personally ,maybe radio listers may weep but as i stated i never listen to the radio so therefore his existance was negligable within my life ,you wouldnt weep for fred blogs you occasionaly hear shouting at his dog 2 streets away so why is this chap different :confused:

i really liked Kenny Everett but when he died all that went was a funny poof not some god or martyr ,all he did was entertain (which he was very good at) but i only used him in that role ,he was only a commodity after all :rolleyes:

[ 28. October 2004, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

very sad news, we can all identify & remember stages in our life through john's shows, thats what makes us mourn someone we havnt met.

i'm off to buy chesters another pint of devil's advocaat ( ees alright realy, just says what he thinks )

softies ,your not both from liverpool are you :D

i cant say anyone nevermind a person employed merely to put records on and take them off when theve finished made any influence in my life at all :confused:

[ 29. October 2004, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson