cats...love or hate

spodrokit

I have 3 cats and one dog.

I rescued a pair of kittens, as our first cats. Then I got a young bitch from Battersea dogs home, that spent the first year of her life. Locked in a small yard with only a cat for company.

Out of the blue, whilst taking a `fag break`at work. I started to empty my waste bin into a large wheelie bin. Only to see a tiny ginger ball looking up at me! Of course that tiny kitten is now `Lord` of our house.

He can be found every night, laying on top of my duvet.

My bitch, can be found laying next to him!!

Some folk think it`s strange, when I take the dog for a walk. Only to see a large ginger tom cat keeping pace with us.

I think you either love `em, or hate `em.

But dogs are too reliant. Cats stay with you because they know when they`re wanted?

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:D I have a cat, but when she catches a bird or a mouse i praise her (except when once she let a live one go in the living room the bird smashed a couple of ornaments) :o . But I dont mind her catching birds its in their nature just like we eat other animals.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

I love cats, all cats!

I truly believe God was thinking of anglers when he put cats on this planet, otherwise why would he make all that free prebait so readily available? Cat owners must like anglers as well judging by the way they let them roam so freely.

Couple of dead cats in a carrot sack hung up over a swim will work away feeding the fish with no further help from you, apart from adding the odd replacement cat or two, all summer.

Its also suprising how quickly the local bird and wild life will take advantage of the free food suply as well, or is that just them taking revenge!

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

are there many song birds where you live nathan? we eat other animals to survive, cats kill birds for fun..............

I suppose youre right, there are loads of birds around my area and garden. But the cat very rarely goes hunting as she gets fed so well. The good thing is if theyve got that hunting in them then you wont have mice.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

The cat and the human being are the only animals that kills for pleasure.

Ive seen cats catch birds and torture them.

I hate cats :mad:

When i was 12 a cat got into my pigeon loft and killed 4 of my pigeons and maimed 3 others.

Ive seen cats kill fish too when they flip them out of a garden pond.

I once saw a advert for catfood saying every cat as the right to eat fish, i had a vision of a great white with a moggy in its mouth saying oh yea

Don't blame cats for killing the local fauna because it is instinctive......kill for pleasure yes they do but it is instinctive. Sad nasty and immoral cats do not have our sense of what is good and bad.

Do we blame red kites ,buzzards, osprey and eagles for the demise of our song birds and the like..no is the answer and our beloved owls are no better but these type of animals of prey are admired for there killing skills.

Ok you can say they are hunting for food that makes it alright but the demise of the lower species still suffer the same result.

My cats are to over fed to be bother with such things.....fat and happy they are.

I will no go into the realms of the symbiotic relationship humans and cats have but if you dislike them thats ok just don't harm them. We are supposed to be humans and have the wisdom to see just how immoral it is to take life without good cause. Animals lower down the food chain are not blessed with the same reasoning.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.