I think we've found paradise

Newt

A 1½ bullet weight will - peg it tight against the lure though - and the stuff is not nearly as thick toward the bottom as up high were it gets plenty of sunlight. I'd be tempted to pay the extra for tungsten weights which run about half the size of lead and about 1/3 the size of brass for the same weight.

The bass will have a number of fishy super highways down in the weed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good Newt, hope you get some lunkers.

We are visiting and staying with relatives in Queensland, but will be on the road in a campervan in Victoria in ten days time. Then a visit to Tasmania , and return to UK in 2010.

Keep in touch.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

What is the name of that weed in the last pic? i have a smallish lake near to me, (about the size of a football pitch) Its full of bass, but also that weed.

Looks like it might be a member of the potamogeton family - perhaps Potamogeton polygonifolius? Perhaps if you cut a piece and hold it against pictures of that one you might be able to tell.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Looks like it might be a member of the potamogeton family - perhaps Potamogeton polygonifolius? Perhaps if you cut a piece and hold it against pictures of that one you might be able to tell.

hi, nope its nothing like the one you mentioned. just checked it on google images.

i recognised "my weed" straight away in newts pic. blerdy stuff. :lol:

Here is some better detail on the weed.

weed-id-5.jpg

and as seen in about 3 feet of water

weed-id-4.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

We went to the nearby town (about 30 miles away) of Destin this afternoon. It is on the Gulf of Mexico with a bay on the other side separating it from the mainland. I begin to think I may go for a year's salt water license in addition to the fresh water one we bought today.

beach-1.jpg

beach-3.jpg

beach-4.jpg

beach-yak-1.jpg

beach-4.jpg

On the one hand, every part of my river fishing love, makes me want to ignore your photos. But then I suddenly clocked on to quite how beautiful the whole scene looked.

Tight lines Newt.

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)