Angling Trust Forum

Elton

Looks like, apart from everything else, the Angling Trust are now putting gagging orders on their representatives. What do you think about that, Reg? Should AT reps be allowed to express opinions and inform the anglers the AT claim to represent, or not?

Stinks to high heaven.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like, apart from everything else, the Angling Trust are now putting gagging orders on their representatives. What do you think about that, Reg? Should AT reps be allowed to express opinions and inform the anglers the AT claim to represent, or not?

Stinks to high heaven.

Steve, I haven't got a clue what you are saying, but it sounds bad if it is true. Could be something completely innocent and blown out of all proportions, what is it ?

Steve, I haven't got a clue what you are saying, but it sounds bad if it is true. Could be something completely innocent and blown out of all proportions, what is it ?

This Reg.

Hi Reg

Unfortunately, I am prevented from entering the debate over much of what you have been saying, so I will have to restrict my comments / questions to just a few lines.

Why don't you ask your mates at Angling Trust towers what this means?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

O K then Reg, first of all, putting your link together, i can't read it as my computer is set up for works and not word, so alot of us real anglers will not know what the A T is on about. Wondering if they realise just how many they are not communicating with, even if they wish is to do so. I would still like to have a look at it.

Quote you:

As far as my opinion on MCZ's they are a major step forward in the protection of our habitat and protection of all species, if, and only if these sites do not have a devastating effect on RSA. I do not trust Balanced Seas one bit and I have told our members and the local anglers who I have spoken too, to make absolutely sure that they are aware of the ramifications of ignoring Balanced Seas and letting them dictate to us. I believe that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for RSA to protect our future,

end.

This is where we certainly differ Reg, I do not beleive that this is the once in a lifetime opportunity. Nor does the A T as they have in their web site that the mcz's is not the panacia, saviour of the fishing, angling uk (not their words but that is what they mean).

The reason why i say it isn't and it will not be a sucess is, Lundy is the prime example of closing an area to all but divers, yet there is no evidence why it was closed say to anglers in the first place, nor is there any evidence that it will be a success for the next 30-40 years. Not my words Reg, but the blokes who are being paid to control this area that they have closed. So the example that all the do gooders and greenies and the jump on the bandwaggonors, who know nothing of the situation wish to use. So you have to agree with me Reg, it's a total waste of time, affecting the local economy, local commererce, local jobs, within the angling and fishing industries, etc, etc for no gain.

Further more, the mcz's are targetting the inshore, under ten industry and the charter boat and angling communities and the shore guys as well if you look at the likes of the mcs web site. Remember Reg, this is the sector who have 3% of the quota per year. Now tell me honestly, how can it be that you restrict these 3% guys from areas of sea you are going to improve the stock around these shores, not in yours or our childrens lifetime, surly. Tell me, why are we (defra and all it's cronies) fiddling with mcz's When the 77% big boys are not effected. The reason is Reg is that they, the E U at the top and the rest of the management downwards have run out of ideas how to manage. As an example of the crappy management of the fishing industry Reg. I read yesterday that the E U have been up in arms over Icelands decision to take 112,000 metric tonnes of mackerel from the north sea. That was last years quota Reg, now Iceland has just awarded it's self 130,000 metric tonnes. Is this sustainable? It certainly is not according to the scientists. Still, what do they know.

Now for you to say that you have been told by some one in authority that there will be a minor amount of total ntz's. Did they tell you why, did you ask for what reason? Not being funny Reg, your post has left me with lots of questions to ask, however, needs must, trying to get ready to go away angling for a couple of days, so i hope that this is enough to give you food for thought. :)

I have said this before, i can give you very reasoned argument, in choosing two or three areas of sea up and down the channel, properly managed, would have a dramatic effect on the habitat and the fish stocks within a very short period of time, compared with this proposed wasteful, expensive, futile excercise that this government and the E U are putting us through at present, still what do i know.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry, I agree with most of what you say.

The MCZ's will be a waste of time if our government do not decide to either pull out of the EU completely, or give the 0nm-12mn fishing zones back to our British fleets and enforce changes within the CFP and make bl@@dy sure that the foreign fleets abide by the rules. Furthermore, from what I understand by reading the AT Response to the Reform of the CFP, the AT agrees with you as well, on everything you have said Barry. I really want you to see the AT response Barry so do me a favour and PM me your address, I will then print a few copies off and send them to you direct. I promise to delete your details straight away......Anglers Honour!!!

I know I am banking on the MCZ's being a success Barry, I am also aware that we will see no improvement for a couple of years at least, but after that we should all notice some improvement to fish stocks, all be it, very slowly. Commercial's catch large quantities of fish daily, even the under 10's. If they are not fishing in these areas, then the stocks cannot be depleted enough to show no signs of improvement at all, simple logic if there is such a thing! My concern with MCZ's is access for anglers, we are not to blame and we all need to unite on this one, boat anglers, charter boats and shore anglers.

Our government needs to listen to anglers and our commercial fishermen, that means changes to protect our nations fish stocks from all foreign fleets.

Interesting that you do not respond to my questions / comments, Reg.

Therefore, please refrain from bringing my name up within your posts in future.

Wayne, sorry I mist your post, didn't want to rock the boat!

Believe it or not, we are on the same side so I will leave it at that.

I keep a keen eye on BFM too.

James Luxton v's The marine conservation society. :)

Don't like being ignored so after the mcs failed to comunicate answers to my questions why non distructive angling and potting is to be excluded from this one to form one of their ntz's, i think i will step up a gear and see if i can bend a few earholes. Yes i have put this one on anglers net before, however i feel that as the subject of mcz's is still running, i wish to get some mileage out of it. sorry chaps. :D

So my email below, It may even be a good idea Reg if you would pick it up and try and win some points with the A T masters, as i intend to see if the local papers will be interested in this one. What i failed to mention below, this is a rare area indeed where disabled car access is allowed for them to have a go and fish off the rocks. As the A T in their mantra makes a thing out of access for all, don't you think that this could be one where the A T could score brownie points? However, they may well have concidered it in the past and come to a conclusion that the mcs are correct and this area does indeed need restricting from all including the anglers, disabled, divers excluded of course as they are in flavour with the mcs. So as usual all we will hear is silence. What do you recon Reg. :)

My email:

Attached is a photograph of my boy at Berry head, Brixham. This is his first ever pollack caught. It went back alive. This is a magical shore place that the whole of my family visit during the summer holidays, we have been going there for a few years, along with many thousands of anglers, both young and old, with their families as well. This area is at the bottom of the redundant quarry, the only other use that this piece of water has it is there are two or three strings of commercial pots, again they have been there for many years that I know of.

The dark cloud on the horizon is the forth coming marine conservation zones. Around the UK there are quite a few quango's, or non-government organizations that have been set up to comply with the unelected or mandated E U to provide areas of seas for conservation purposes. However, one organization has seized on this area as one of their 'jewels' that they are demanding becomes a total no take zone.

Attached also is a direct link to the site that they wish to be totally protected. That means to us laymen nothing can be taken from it, no fishing, no angling will be permitted if they get their way. To date they have many thousands of unaware co-op shoppers and others throughout the UK who have voted for this site to be a ntz without realizing the social damage to holiday makers and local community will suffer as a result of being banned.

The marine conservation society are saying that There is no protection for the seabed nor the wildlife that live there. They intimate that damage is occurring by the smokescreen of trawlers operating in the area. That part is correct as they go to and through from Brixham harbour. No other fishing or angling activity is carried on within this area, for the simple reason it is protected by the fact it is a very rocky area, yes there are rock pinnacles, that is the reason why it can't be trawled or dragged in any event.

I challenge the mcs to provide evidence as to the reason why the likes of my boy, my family and other anglers, along with the minimum amount of commercial use in this site to be excluded. There isn't any. The idea that we can move to an overspill area adjacent is ludicrous, as on both sides it is un-fishable from the shore in any event unless you are a mountain goat. So for all intense and purposes the mcs have already got two areas that are 'protected' in any event, either side of the quarry. To exclude harmless activity from the only area of Berry head that is accessible will be a travesty. It must not happen.

Unfortunately, many of the sites that this society have chosen are exactly the same, Babbacombe beach a few mile away is yet another site, thousands of holiday makers use this for angling off the pier and shore. It will be madness to let it happen. However the mcs, with their clever web site is set up to receive votes for a ban by the unsuspecting public. This will be a travesty if the mcs get there way and ban the likes of my boy enjoying himself, on the pretext that he is harming this area. I have emailed the society to have my email acknowledged and someone in authority would provide me with the reasons for the ban, evidence of harm that anglers are causing for this ban, to date i have been ignored.

http://www.yourseasyourvoice.com/mpa/?region=5&site=23

jamesistpollack.jpg

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Bit of disquiet in the ranks

Quote angling times, i think. :)

Keith Arthur - Anging Trust chief cannot be ousted

By Keith Arthur

General News

23 April 2010 17:00

I understand that specimen angler Tony Gibson wants changes at the very top of the Angling Trust and is looking to oust Mark Lloyd. However, while his intentions may be admirable, Mark Lloyd’s isn’t an elected post, but a position of employment.

The rest of this article can be viewed by clicking here.

and the internet wires where humming today with some trying to discredit some of the magnificent 7 for lack of loyalty. Must be something afoot. Is the partnership showing signs of cracking i ask.

{Edited by Elton - link to original article added}

Edited by barry luxton

Barry - I've trimmed your post and added a link to the original article.

It's not the done thing to copy complete articles ;)

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE