What line do you prefere?

Andrew

Have you got a certain line which you prefere to use?

Reel line what make, breaking strain and diamater?

Hook lenght, bs and diamater

Pole line?

Tight lines to all Jangar :D:D:D:D

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Bit late for you isn't it mate what about your beauty sleep? :D:D

No don't tell me you don't need it. :P:P:P

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

In answer to the original question, 'what line do I prefer'? Simple, a 'tight' line!

Actually I'm having a love affair with 20 lb test Super Cast from Western Filaments in the US. The real K9 Nuts and at a good price.

Mainline is PowerPro - mostly 20lb but do have some 10lb, 30lb, and a bit of 50lb spooled.

For the hook length (when I use one) a fluorocarbon of about 2lbs less b/s than the main line. Either the Cabelas or Bass Pro house brand do me nicely and don't cost a fortune.

Fluoro also when I occasionally fish a whip. I have a blind daughter who visits occasionally and loves to fish. We tight-line with a whip on those trips so she will know when she has a fish on.

Also fluoro in a 17lb for a multiplier reel that I just can't manage with the limper braid.

[ 01 March 2002, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

For most of my fishing I use Pro Gold as a reel line in 4.4, 8 and 15lb b.s. See my field test in the Reviews section of Angler's Net. This is an excellent sinking line and I use it for all my ledgering and waggler fishing.

The main exception is when lure fishing when I much prefer the sensitivity and long casting of braid. I'm currently field-testing Bullet Braid from the Nash stable, and so far am impressed with it as it's outlasted other braids I've tried, even on the gravel bars at Wingham. However, I'm hoping to compare it with Power Pro in due course, which has a great reputation. As I've never used Power Pro I can't comment on it as yet.

Turning to hooklengths I use Preston Pinch Barbless hooks to nylon in the lighter breaking strains ready tied to their own brand of nylon, which I'm perfectly happy with.

I'm also a fan of flourocarbon hooklengths and by far the best I've used so far is Grand Max, which is distributed in the UK by Preston in the lighter strains and Gardner in the higher ones. Flourocarbon gets me more bites when visibility is a factor, and I especially like it for pop-ups and floater fising, plus it's stiffness is a great help when livebaiting for perch or as paternoster links.

In special circumstances I also use other lines, especially for hooklengths, but I don't fish such a wide variety of waters these days and so am not up to speed with the latest developments.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

After using 14lb Fireline for a long time and following some advice from the people here (Thanks Newt, Martyn and Rob T) it's Power Pro in 20lb for me. Used it for around 15 sessions now, including some very flooded conditions and very pleased with it. So sorry Fireline (I've still got a couple of new 300 yd 14lb spools) it's now Power Pro.

Cheers

Bob

Sorry chaps it was time for bed last night :rolleyes: but here go"es

2.5 maxima for waggler fishing {minimum}

3.5 maximum

On big lakes i like to use 8lb braid for feeder,on small ponds i use 4.5lb maxima

For hook lengths i use preston reflo power line,for waggler fishing anything under 2lb b/s.

For my feeder anything up to 5lb b/s

pole rigs i buy ready made Drennan rigs,connot see small shot a bit short of sight

Jangar :D:D

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Mainlines, almost always braid now, bought for diameter ,not BS, as even the thinnest is plenty strong enough,

Hook links, nylon, any BS from 1.8Lb to 3.0lb and then soft braid for anything stronger.

I always fish the thinnest braid I can find subject to the BS, but have not tried them all.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic