Any good angling songs?

The Flying Tench

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sole music?...................anything by the carp...enters?

i thought it was funny, but I have a really bad sense of humour for that kind of thing.

I find Christmas cracker jokes funny.

What cheese would you use to disguise a breed of horse?

down a bit....

MASCARPONE!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Truly amazing. I thought you'd all just say I was barking mad, but you've come back with all these (mostly funny) ideas!

My plan after the anticipated barking mad posts was to slyly produce my secret ace - none other than Isaak! Many will know that 'The Complete Angler' contains some songs, but I was re-reading the introduction to my copy and was reminded that in the early editions they printed the music.

'Walton saw to it that the music was printed in the editions published during his own lifetime. With his songs and poems, the engraved illustrations of fish, and the little inset dramatic scenes, Walton has provided us with multimedia entertainment of a highly original and experimental kind.'

Is that what was lacking in 'Catching the Impossible', the reason it hasn't so far been accepted my mainstream TV? Does it need Martin Bowler to produce an electric guitar shaped like a pike and sing some of the songs that have been suggested - with a throbbing beat, of course? After all the man has the haircut. :lol::o

john clarke

Always thought this one would make the person you're fishing sit and take notice :D

some chap called Quint sang in a film........ B)

Farewell and adieu to you,fair Spanish Ladies,

Farewell and adieu to you, ladies of Spain;

For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston

And so never more shall we see you again......

Would imagine be really spooky fishing out on a boat in the Channel :o

Edited by smudger

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

There's only one:

Youtube Video ->

Fellow anglers enjoying a quiet day at the Kennet or Lambourn would, I'm sure, love a bit of 90s match fishing rap to brighten up their day B)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

There's only one:

Fellow anglers enjoying a quiet day at the Kennet or Lambourn would, I'm sure, love a bit of 90s match fishing rap to brighten up their day B)

Good lord!

I'm glad to say I've never heard that before.......no wonder the AT is in such a state if that's what match anglers get up to :blink:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

There's only one:

Youtube Video ->

A middle aged white man rapping just doesn't work

Heres one

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5D...Qk&rclk=pt0

Amazing! So that really is the voice of Bob Nudd? And was that a massive rudd in one of the pics?

Have just seen the Dubliners one. Interesting, but my vote still goes to Bob Nudd. Surely, the whole point is that it's meant to be incredibly bad! Hence the cries of 'rubbish' near the end!

Edited by The Flying Tench

john clarke

Amazing! So that really is the voice of Bob Nudd? And was that a massive rudd in one of the pics?

Have just seen the Dubliners one. Interesting, but my vote still goes to Bob Nudd. Surely, the whole point is that it's meant to be incredibly bad! Hence the cries of 'rubbish' near the end!

Yes, that really is him - I'm pretty sure he even went on Top of the Pops...!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music