Rumours

Tony U

Hehehe! If this is not a dodgy April fools joke, I am almost lost for words...hehehe...well those of you who have read my post will know that is not very likely...hehehe

What a shower of less than bright bailiffs and carpers are any of then actually anglers...maybe they are living in cloud cuckoo land...or suffering from flashbacks due to taking certain chemical substances in their youth...I just cant believe what I have read...what sort of pike do you have there some weird genetic cross with great whites with a taste for fishing line...bailiffs and carpers involved in this nonsense wake up pike cant do that their teeth might do that with some taught lines and the usual dreamy lip flapping from the bottom end of carpers brigade...maybe they should stop using old worn out lines and treat themselves to some new line, then they would not break so often.

What next a line snipping cormorant or otter...No its a water vole with a pair of scissors...hehehe...about as likly as pike doing it.

However if their lines are breaking often they better look to their rod rings for sharp spots and get some decent line.

If the rest of your club are that thick find a new club and enjoy your fishing. I have not heard that much total rubbish outside politics and the E.A. for years.

I don't fish for pike and never have, the one and only pike I have ever caught was stuffing itself on the roach I had caught and would not let go and I was on 2lb line and 3/4lb hook length mono filament line funny it did not snip that...maybe it had left its teeth in a glass by its bedside.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have you lot all been for the last 50 years? I get bitten off/through by pike at least once every season. And so do others I know.

Last time I had cast 95 yards to an island and got bitten through a couple of yards past the rod top.....FACT.

Had to get a boat out to remove the lost line and rig.

Now, whether you believe that pike can do that or not, it does actually happen !!!

Usually starts as a very slow "liner" and then the line goes slack as it gets bitten through. Even my 30lb Power pro has been bitten through, but as to whether it is little jacks or big old beasties I can't say.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

With the obsession with stocking 'exotics', could they have scissor tails in there, and they are backing into the line? :unsure:

Well it makes as much sense as the pike theory. ;)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Well, if it is pike that are guilty and this new legislation gets passed you can say goodbye to the carp fishing. Once those pike are over 5lb/65cm they're gonna be sacred, so best get onto the US websites for some wire line :D

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

With the obsession with stocking 'exotics', could they have scissor tails in there, and they are backing into the line? :unsure:

Well it makes as much sense as the pike theory. ;)

John.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: I think you may have solved the mystery.

I used to have Scissor Tail Rasbora's in my tropical tank as a kid, maybe they out grew some ones tank and they released them in to the wild.

Evil little things darting all over the place, the 1" size disguises the fact that they could cut through line and maybe even wire traces.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

Dens right it does happen but come on! lets have a bit of sense shown eh? As Den says "once every year" I bet some carpers get more crack offs,cut offs on bars etc etc than that? No Ive had it happen at Wingham but Im certainly not wanting them all removed there or despite loving pike going to start using full wire lines! A classic case of the often seen modern angling illness of "carp blindness"!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Not the only "blindness" either Budgie. There are some on here who seem to doubt everything, almost without any thought or experience. They need to spend more time on the bank and less on the computer.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Not the only "blindness" either Budgie. There are some on here who seem to doubt everything, almost without any thought or experience. They need to spend more time on the bank and less on the computer.

Den

I had kind of thought most realised it happens but were just also expressing their doubt in the regularity/need to really act in the way sugested to prevent it?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!