Aircraft

captain cojones

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the recent incident started, it was known that there was some danger from volcanic ash.

The extent of that danger was not well known.

Well my question is why was it not well known ? there are volcanos that erupt and there are planes that fly near them. someone, probabaly the avaiation authorities, should have carried out research on the affect of ash on plane engines before now and we could have avoided this massive disruption and cost to our economy

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

No, ive managed to put it back till the end of May. Gives me time to sort out plan A, B, and C........in case it all kicks off again. My friend who is here from New York, had to get to London tomorrow, but thats not going to happen now.

At least he flew New York-Madrid-New york. :lol:

Yer give us the date then, and i'll organise the boat, what port. How many. :fishing1::boat::D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The fact that dust damages any sort of engine is a very well known fact.

One of the major problems in Europe is the congested airspace. In KSA sand storms are a regular feature of landing, however they can potter along just above the sand, dish out some sweets and then drop the last 1600' or so like a lead balloon only spending a few minutes in the dust particles. One would guess that this is not a practical solution over Europe.

I certainly cannot remember a situation like this in Europe before but I can recall flights being banned through volcanic dust else where in the world.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

When I fly I place my life in the hands of the airline.

Now, would I like them to underestimate a risk or over estimate a risk

Hmmmm <_<

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

A norwegian pilot friend said to me the other day.

"its better to be on the ground, wishing you were at 40,000 feet, rather than being at 40.000 feet wishing you were on the ground"....quite good i thought. :lol:

Well my question is why was it not well known ? there are volcanos that erupt and there are planes that fly near them. someone, probabaly the avaiation authorities, should have carried out research on the affect of ash on plane engines before now and we could have avoided this massive disruption and cost to our economy

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep, why doesn't someone DO something - preferably yesterday.

'cos they were "probably" waiting for "someone" to fund it - are you volunteering?

As for disruption and cost, consider what might have happened if flights had gone ahead and a few planes crashed.

Bear in mind there is more than one type of volcanic ash, and more than one type of engine, so the problem is not quite so simplistic as you seem to think.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

As Vagabond just said, there are many different types of volcanic ash. There are not that many volcanoes under glaciers so that type of ash is not easy to study. If the volcano next door to the one that erupted goes off that would 'probably' shut down jet aviation, both military and civil for a couple of years and not just over Europe, it would 'probably' effect the whole Northern hemisphere. How do you think our economy would cope with that?.

If Yellowstone goes off then we will probably all be jiggered. It's a very, very big volcano is Yellowstone, think of the Mount St Helens eruption and then multiply that by about 3,000 and you'll get a rough idea. Vulcanologists think that the magma might be only 5 miles under the Earth's crust. Imagine how hot it must down there if it can boil water 5 miles above it. Luckily big volcanoes like Yellowstone erupt very infrequently, about every six hundred thousand years or so. They think Yellowstone last erupted six hundred thousand years ago so it's due to go of with a really big bang any second/minute/hour/day/week/month/year/decade/century/millenium now.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Luckily big volcanoes like Yellowstone erupt very infrequently, about every six hundred thousand years or so. They think Yellowstone last erupted six hundred thousand years ago so it's due to go of with a really big bang any second/minute/hour/day/week/month/year/decade/century/millenium now.

It's not just Yellowstone though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrele...ano_facts.shtml

A supervolcanic eruption occurs somewhere in the world approximately every 50,000 years or so.

The last one happened in Indonesia 74,000 years ago - suggesting the planet might be overdue the next one….

I mean, one could go off any century now!

:(

(ps Though not a supervolcano things don't look too good for Italy - http://alatin.info/about-Marsili-Volcano/ )

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust