Balanced Seas

Elton

Hi Elton

have posted terms of reference your question might be answered there look at 6.4

Thanks, Steve. Much appreciated.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve

Are you going to be attending the Solent/Isle of Wight/Hampshire LSG meeting on the 29th?

Hi Sharkbyte,

I expect I will attend, dont really want to, I believe its only part of a predetermined plan, leemings to slaughter springs to mind.

LOL LOL

Is there a reason for asking??

Edited by steve good

Hi Steve

My suspicions are that you are not far off of the mark, but hope that I will be proven wrong.

Reasons for asking....I always like to know who is sitting around the table, especially the ones who say exactly what they see, regardless of the sector they represent. I don't do rhetoric, spiel, and propaganda.

Other than that, I'm due to be attending the LSG for Essex/Thames/N. Kent on the 5th (on behalf of RSAs), so any general info ahead of the meeting would be useful.

I'll keep my eye out.

Cheers

Wayne

Edited by Sharkbyte

I've just received an email from Balanced Seas.

Apparently, there was "extensive consultation with a number of anglers across the region" before appointing a representative.

As for the Freedom Of Information Act; "the regional projects are not liable to provide information under the FoI as, whilst funded through public money, they are separate entities in their own right".

I don't believe either statement.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I'd have thought quite a lot of these are 'separate entities';

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000036_en_12

All,

I've been invited to sit upon the Local Group for Essex, Thames and North Kent.

Other anglers will be representing the Essex lads on the Local Group, so I will mainly looking at issues affecting the North Kent anglers.

So, if you'd like to be included on my distribution list, or have any questions, please send me a pm or email me at LeonRosk@aol.com with your email address.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

All,

I've been invited to sit upon the Local Group for Essex, Thames and North Kent.

By who - and in what capacity?

What happened to make you change your mind after you'd already sent an email out saying that you didn't want to take any position on the balanced seas stakeholder groups?

Did you have a secret meeting with Sue Wells a few days before the first regional stakeholders group meeting?

Why did you get invited to sit on a stakeholder group, yet other people who expressed an interest, (including me), didn't even get to hear about the selection process?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

By who - and in what capacity?

What happened to make you change your mind after you'd already sent an email out saying that you didn't want to take any position on the balanced seas stakeholder groups?

Did you have a secret meeting with Sue Wells a few days before the first regional stakeholders group meeting?

Why did you get invited to sit on a stakeholder group, yet other people who expressed an interest, (including me), didn't even get to hear about the selection process?

Same old places,same old faces. :rolleyes:

Absolutely unbelievable how the same people want and get to do the representing when no one wants them too.

I'm of the firm belief that anglers should be extremely wary of Balanced Seas. In fact, I think anyone interested in the sea should be.

They have already shown themselves to be unworthy of our trust, to the point that I would say that they are sneaky.

They seem to favour those who are compliant and, given their apparent rush to implement restrictions without having even identified any need for them, could have a major detrimental effect on our hobbies and livelihoods.

We didn't ask for them, or any of the MCZ schemes. Quite why they think they have the right to come and interfere with our lives is beyond me. It's about time this country grew some balls and sent organisations like this packing. Once Labour have been voted out, it would be a good idea to identify the key politicians involved with fisheries and explain to them how they could benefit both our seas and our country's debt by relieving the taxpayer of their salaries and leaving us alone.