Items wanted for the Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

Please post here if you need to borrow any fishing or camping gear for the Fish-In.

If you can help here's the place to reply.

BTW, it looks as though we're OK for long banksticks and bobbins.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeeze your psychic mate I was just about to start the same topic!!!

I have several spares of most things from rods through buzzers to bed chairs and bivvies. However I have an extremely busy week ahead of me so please get your requests in quickly.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Please post here if you need to borrow any fishing or camping gear for the Fish-In.

If you can help here's the place to reply.

BTW, it looks as though we're OK for long banksticks and bobbins.

Hi Steve,

After looking at some old pictures of a Wingham fish-in the bank sticks used are much taller than mine. Please can you provide me 6 for 3 rods? If as you say these are essential for not spooking the large Bream on the lake, I think I should use the ones you recommend.

Mine have about a 2 ft drop, but the ones in the pictures look more like 4ft!

Kind regards

Ben

Hi Steve,

After looking at some old pictures of a Wingham fish-in the bank sticks used are much taller than mine. Please can you provide me 6 for 3 rods? If as you say these are essential for not spooking the large Bream on the lake, I think I should use the ones you recommend.

Mine have about a 2 ft drop, but the ones in the pictures look more like 4ft!

Kind regards

Ben

No problem, I've amended your questionnaire answer.

Do you also need to borrow long bobbins? This is for the same reason.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

The only things I don't have which have been mentioned are long bank sticks and bobbins and a bed chair.

Bank sticks and bobbins

I have a rod pod capable of holding 3 rods, I can extend it quite high but not as high as the bank sticks.... I don't mind using the rod pod though.

Bed chair

I have got anything to sleep on but I can easily pick up an air bed from tesco's to sleep on if needed.

To lend....

I have a spare carp rod if someone needs a heavier rod... 2.75lb test curve. I have 2 of these but I suspect I will use 1 during the night as a 3rd rod or if casting PVA bags further than my 1.75lb rods can handle.

I could use the loan of a marker float setup and a rod+reel for feeding (I have ordered one of those spombs).

Many thanks in advance

Colin

PS. Steve, Jo says she doesn't mind if we are in the same swim as last year, it was her favourite spot so far out of all our visits!! ;):rolleyes::D

Colin
My Website

My Blog (mostly Match Fishing)

Items wanted for the Wingham Fish-In

21lb Bream

14lb Tench

5lb Perch

:D

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I think I can cope on the long bankstick front unless the weather is poor as my intended sticks are my big brolly storm poles! They are also 48inches long closed so is that too long? I have no bite alarms that have recievers and not wishing to be antisocial after hours it would be good to borrow some if possible. I am currently making a pair of monkey climbers as I have no long bobbins and whilst these may prove useful if it is windy I would like some pukka long bobbins in reserve if they don't work very well. I do have a feature lead and a marker float but not much idea how to use them! :lol:

Erm I can loan you a bedchair.

Maddog I will bring a 5.5lb TC (needed for Spomb) rod Have you a reel?

I have a couple of marker float set up rods from last year still so I will bring them.First come etc

All I ask is people confirm ASAP.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!